• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
16 16

40,399 posts in this topic

On 12/4/2022 at 4:19 PM, jcjames said:

2008124912_200(3).gif.03dffc2163f9ef758097d9780659f5bb.gif

The new Human Torch's origin story is pretty lame. 

On 12/4/2022 at 8:37 AM, Cat said:

The new Human Torch's origin story is pretty lame. 

No no no,you missunderstood,its the captain america found in yhe artic after being trapped in ice since th 40s!but they startde diggin right on his ...after al these years theres a lot of gas stocked in there(shrug)

On 12/4/2022 at 10:51 AM, Namtak said:

No no no,you missunderstood,its the captain america found in yhe artic after being trapped in ice since th 40s!but they startde diggin right on his ...after al these years theres a lot of gas stocked in there(shrug)

Spelin & Sentince Overload! 

On 12/4/2022 at 9:51 AM, Namtak said:

This is the one I've read, but I can't remember which of the following issues that story is in?

Either: Avengers #4, Cap #100, or the Captain America Treasury, which may have also been just Avengers? 

It had Black Panther coming to seek the avengers but they were off doing something, so he breaks in there base to double check lol 

It has been :pullhair: trying to remember to correct my descriptions in the registry lol Anyway whatever it was, they pull Cap from the ice in the 1st couple of pages, as the part origin is retold :pullhair: 

On 12/4/2022 at 2:49 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

This is the one I've read, but I can't remember which of the following issues that story is in?

Either: Avengers #4, Cap #100, or the Captain America Treasury, which may have also been just Avengers? 

It had Black Panther coming to seek the avengers but they were off doing something, so he breaks in there base to double check lol 

It has been :pullhair: trying to remember to correct my descriptions in the registry lol Anyway whatever it was, they pull Cap from the ice in the 1st couple of pages, as the part origin is retold :pullhair: 

@ADAMANTIUMI'm just impressed you were able to understand what @Namtakwas saying! :golfclap:

That's amazing:

On 12/5/2022 at 6:47 AM, 1950's war comics said:

CGC cornfield graveyard without kav :sorry:

I'm sad that you think Kav was ever the be all and end all of this place. 

kav had published works in MAD magazine , his original artwork was very good .. he was very wise about both comics and life ! a perfect fit for a comic book chat board...and yet he was driven away by a small group of jealous people who almost never make comic book related posts ... go figure

I've posted your posts where he may well see them, and said he should send you some used bathwater and get in touch with you. He may not feel like coming here though, it's entirely his choice of course. 

^^

On 12/5/2022 at 10:02 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

During that spec market I should have posted these Red Sonja done by Jim Lee and Dell Otto. They would have lost their speculating minds:  :ohnoez:

2022_12_04 5_28 PM Office Lens.jpg

It's quite a good read, that miniseries. I had no idea who Claw was either. All the Red Sonja from around that time period was pretty good: the Red Sonja book itself, the Red Sonja/Spider-Man crossover. All quality reads with great art, mostly by Mel Rubi. 

On 12/4/2022 at 6:46 PM, Cat said:

It's quite a good read, that miniseries. I had no idea who Claw was either. All the Red Sonja from around that time period was pretty good: the Red Sonja book itself, the Red Sonja/Spider-Man crossover. All quality reads with great art, mostly by Mel Rubi. 

I got them at the same time, but I didn't read them right away, because those 2 specifically both say #2 of four. After looking it up, I saw they were a limited series, but I couldn't make sense of the numbering to purchase the rest. :sorry:

I'll see if these 2 a re connected, but I WAS excited about the art. I added it as back cover pic of an Adam Hughes rrp dynamite. It may seem a lot of the back cover pics are like that, a bit cheesy? Hahaha but it was fun to do :)