• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
15 15

40,317 posts in this topic

Can anyone offer some cooking advice? How would truffle salt go with bacon and eggs? Yay or nay? 

On 11/21/2023 at 9:28 PM, Cat said:

Can anyone offer some cooking advice? How would truffle salt go with bacon and eggs? Yay or nay? 

Salt is good on eggs, bacon has enough of it I think. Not sure the difference in truffle salt specifically... use iodized myself. A lot of people put salt on eggs though and pepper, not much of course. Bacon is on its own with its own dietary concerns... so I wouldn't attempt to improve on it lol

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/22/2023 at 1:47 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Salt is good on eggs, bacon has enough of it I think. Not sure the difference in truffle salt specifically... use iodized myself. A lot of people put salt on eggs though and pepper, not much of course. Bacon is on its own with its own dietary concerns... so I wouldn't attempt to improve on it lol

I've got to put salt on everything I eat. My body doesn't process enough of it. Even though I take salt tablets, I still can't get enough of it. My doctor prescribed me potato chips! 

But I've got this beautiful truffle salt, and I'm wondering how it would go with the bacon and eggs. Kinda tempted to find out. I mean, it's truffle, it goes with everything, right? 

Then add some wonderful white pepper, and yummy, perfect bacon and eggs. Yep, I prefer white pepper to black. No idea why. I was devastated when Subway 'upgraded' from white pepper to black years ago. Their subs haven't been as good since. 

On 11/21/2023 at 10:06 PM, Cat said:

I've got to put salt on everything I eat. My body doesn't process enough of it. Even though I take salt tablets, I still can't get enough of it. My doctor prescribed me potato chips! 

But I've got this beautiful truffle salt, and I'm wondering how it would go with the bacon and eggs. Kinda tempted to find out. I mean, it's truffle, it goes with everything, right? 

Then add some wonderful white pepper, and yummy, perfect bacon and eggs. Yep, I prefer white pepper to black. No idea why. I was devastated when Subway 'upgraded' from white pepper to black years ago. Their subs haven't been as good since. 

I've since seen that provavasttatin that I took for cholesterol was basically a salt tablet I think. I don't add salt to anything, not that I don't like it, just didn't care about it lol food tastes fine etc. So now I cook salmon to put garlic salt on, I eat a lot of garlic steaks, fish, all red meat dinners made at home.

I'm lost on the truffle part, sounds fancy, but i expect that it translates to heavy duty salt? I can't say yay or nay but to say yes salt is good on eggs. :)

I've heard truffles themselves are good, but haven't ever had one myself other than some so-called chocolate lol

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Truffles are a type of fungus, found underground, considered a delicacy. Kinda like a mushroom on steroids. They have a very earthy taste, I love it. Truffle salt is truffle infused salt mixed with small pieces of truffle. It's good stuff, only cost me $20AU for a jar. Great on steak (or I've got some truffle butter too if I'm in the mood for that, but I think I prefer the salt). 

So I'm curious if the earthy flavour, subtle mind you, would enhance the bacon and eggs. I'm leaning towards giving it a go. 

On 11/21/2023 at 10:06 PM, Cat said:

I would be inclined to try it with something like angel hair pasta and olive oil.  Along with the white pepper.  I have a "truffle and black garlic" seasoning that I use for this.  

Edited by Nick Furious

On 11/26/2023 at 2:24 PM, Nick Furious said:

I would be inclined to try it with something like angel hair pasta and olive oil.  Along with the white pepper.  I have a "truffle and black garlic" seasoning that I use for this.  

Cheers mate. That sounds great. I'll put that on the menu this week.