• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
15 15

40,382 posts in this topic

On 12/3/2023 at 8:54 PM, Cat said:

Good timing for you then. I highly recommend giving the whole series a read, it's an amazing read. 

It's at times brutal. That's the ticket nowadays or would seem, but it's high points even it all out most of the time which I enjoyed. @Cat

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 12/4/2023 at 1:00 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

It's at times brutal. That's the ticket nowadays or would seem, but it's high points even if all our most of the time which I enjoyed.

It can be, but it makes sense within the story. It's not like it's Mortal Kombat. lol

On 12/3/2023 at 9:00 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

It's at times brutal. That's the ticket nowadays or would seem, but it's high points even it all out most of the time which I enjoyed. @Cat

I was going to add that I hope the show has high enough points as well.

On 12/3/2023 at 9:01 PM, Cat said:

It can be, but it makes sense within the story. It's not like it's Mortal Kombat. lol

I was going to compare it to dragon ball z torture and difficulty fights, but with blood and in English hahaa

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 12/4/2023 at 1:02 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I was going to compare it to dragon ball z torture and difficulty fights, but with blood and in English hahaa

I've never watched much DBZ, but that's a good comparison. Apparently a prominent subset of aliens in the book were based off the Saiyans. 

On 12/3/2023 at 9:04 PM, Cat said:

I've never watched much DBZ, but that's a good comparison. Apparently a prominent subset of aliens in the book were based off the Saiyans. 

Kirkham and ottley were a good combination as well, I think Kirkham had an idea, it plays out, and at times I wondered how many times over it would replay. I was excited by the last issue to know more of it, and if it would ever reignite the series again. I guess it will depend on the streaming, and how well it is received with thoughts for more? A bit of another like unto walking dead renditions with spin offs @Cat edit with longevity lol

I think more is good, and I don't want to become cynical, but sometimes less is more. I think that in itself is the age in the viewers (it being like dragon ball) and how much they can view it as being "new" or at least new to them, idk.

It is it's own universe type, which I like and can have some hope, I know ottley was expensive the last couple of cons with all he offered in signaturs and sketches. I'm thinking with him being "new" to Kirkham, it might depend on how they join forces, but then again idk how much ottley has a say.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Similar to Saga which restarted? The Market is having trends and idk really what to make of them. I need Not to know it all, but what beats the nostalgia drum slowly. :makepoint:lol

Again in longevity  :)

On 12/4/2023 at 1:16 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Similar to Saga which restarted? The Market is having trends and idk really what to make of them. I need Not to know it all, but what beats the nostalgia drum slowly. :makepoint:lol

Again in longevity  :)

I think they ended it perfectly. There's not much more I'd like to see, personally. 

PS it's Kirkman, Robert Kirkman. You're thinking of artist Tyler Kirkham. Easy mistake to make. 

On 12/3/2023 at 9:44 PM, Cat said:

c81v5imbp54c1.png.1c25e544f2d4e2ad46974589922cc31b.png

Hopefully I didn't say anything like that, as I agree great read!

On 12/3/2023 at 9:47 PM, Cat said:

I think they ended it perfectly. There's not much more I'd like to see, personally. 

PS it's Kirkman, Robert Kirkman. You're thinking of artist Tyler Kirkham. Easy mistake to make. 

Ya I have that mistake on my mind as I need a walking dead book signed, and it can be auto correct as well, when looking for in house signings.

Invincible and upon reading then on to ownership, I was discussing the market though lol

But ya it all sounds blah blah spec and etc. Other than I want more, but don't want burnout and etc 🙏 just things on my mind.

I had to work to get used to ottley style, cause the man can draw and then sometimes I look Ata cover, and I'm curious if rushed and etc.

I definitely wasn't trying to pick it apart though :cheers:

Just was a lot on my mind that is destined to stay there. :roflmao:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 12/3/2023 at 9:47 PM, Cat said:

Ya I just don't want it to be a "dead comic property", that meaning I've seen shows don't do much so far for longevity. And I'm happy to own it and read it but past that I was venting to be realistic. We have yet to see a movie and or show nostalgia or hasnt been long enough, to rebirth new series and or prospeties. That's all I was saying, less in the interim will be good to not produce burnout.

But you're right, it ended well with closure, and that's all that it is at the moment. I thought perhaps after reading you would want "more" so to speak, but in time I'm sure, wasn't trying to nitpick. :cheers:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 12/4/2023 at 2:22 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ya I just don't want it to be a "dead comic property", that meaning I've seen shows don't do much so far for longevity. And I'm happy to own it and read it but past that I was venting to be realistic. We have yet to see a movie and or show nostalgia or hasnt been long enough, to rebirth new series and or prospeties. That's all I was saying, less in the interim will be good to not produce burnout.

But you're right, it ended well with closure, and that's all that it is at the moment. I thought perhaps after reading you would want "more" so to speak, but in time I'm sure, wasn't trying to nitpick. :cheers:

Yeah it's one of those situations where I'd love more of it, but at the same time have to admit it was a very satisfying conclusion. So, what do you do?

On 12/3/2023 at 10:32 PM, Cat said:

Yeah it's one of those situations where I'd love more of it, but at the same time have to admit it was a very satisfying conclusion. So, what do you do?

Wait for inspiration to kick in. I'm new to following this, but await realization on saga, your transformers and Joe and etc.

It's like the saying goes, "a watched pot never boils!"

:roflmao:

On 12/5/2023 at 9:28 AM, FoggyNelson said:

Don’t worry they will bring him back someday soon ‼️👍

Nope, he died in that continuity for good, sadly. If you allow Beast Wars as part of the continuity though, he kinda came back, but it's very complicated. 

It traumatised me as a kid. That scene had me bawling. 

On 12/5/2023 at 11:51 AM, Cat said:

Nope, he died in that continuity for good, sadly. If you allow Beast Wars as part of the continuity though, he kinda came back, but it's very complicated. 

It traumatised me as a kid. That scene had me bawling. 

4 of my favourite characters got wiped out in that one scene. I still recall sitting down to watch it, aged about 5, with my Ironhide toy. Ironhide died in they scene too. He got shot in the chest, but it didn't kill him. He tried to stop Megatron by holding onto Megatron's leg and trying to pull himself up. Megatron then kills him with a cannon blast at point-blank range. We even see shrapnel of his head exploding. That REALLY brought out the tears. 

So savage for a kid. 

I saw Adam Sandler this year, very enjoyable, and as I don't normally attend "events", I'm glad to have picked up a commemorative T-shirt with event date resembling a hockey jersey, with similar Happy Gilmore font!

image.thumb.png.9826a292b2c48d9a08f1f682e7cb03e8.pngGetImage.aspx?c=5745655&t=Full&f=Rev&cb=MTIvNS8yMDIzIDQ6MjM6MDEgUE0= almost an end to 2023!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM