• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
15 15

40,333 posts in this topic

On 12/30/2023 at 11:16 AM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

996791-9cc7b2a215f5ca3bec86de68b82aacd2.gif.baaa1eb1e2d77aaade3840219218c985.gif

"BEST DRUMMER IN THE WORLD!" KERSPLASH

I ain't easy being cheesy

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

A duck walks into a pub and orders a pint of beer and a ham sandwich.

The bartender looks at him and says, "Hang on! You're a duck."

"I see your eyes are working," replies the duck.

"And you can talk!" exclaims the bartender.

"I see your ears are working, too," says the duck. "Now if you don't mind, can I have my beer and my sandwich please?"

"Certainly, sorry about that" says the bartender as he pours the duck a pint. "It's just we don't get many ducks in this pub. What are you doing around this way?"

"I'm working on the building site across the road," explains the duck. "I'm a plasterer."

The flabbergasted bartender cannot believe the duck and wants to learn more, but takes the hint when the duck pulls out a newspaper from his bag and proceeds to read it.

So, the duck reads his paper, drinks his beer, eats his sandwich, bids the barman good day and leaves.

The same thing happens for two weeks.

Then one day the circus comes to town.

The ringmaster comes into the pub for a pint and the bartender says to him:

"You're with the circus, aren't you? Well, I know this duck that could be just brilliant in your circus. He talks, drinks beer, eats sandwiches, reads the newspaper and everything!"

"Sounds marvelous," says the ringmaster, handing over his business card. "Get him to give me a call."

So the next day when the duck comes into the pub the bartender says, "Hey Mr. Duck, I reckon I can line you up with a top job, paying really good money."

"I'm always looking for the next job," says the duck. "Where is it?"

"At the circus," says the bartender.

"The circus?" repeats the duck.

"That's right," replies the bartender.

"The circus?" the duck asks again. "With the big TENT?"

"Yeah!" the bartender replies.

"With all the animals who live in CAGES, and performers who live in CARAVANS?" says the duck.

"Of course," the bartender replies.

"And the tent has CANVAS sides and a big canvas roof with a hole in the middle?" persists the duck.

"That's right!" says the bartender.

The duck shakes his head in amazement, and says: "What would they want with a plasterer???"

On 1/1/2024 at 1:29 AM, Cat said:

A duck walks into a pub and orders a pint of beer and a ham sandwich.

The bartender looks at him and says, "Hang on! You're a duck."

"I see your eyes are working," replies the duck.

"And you can talk!" exclaims the bartender.

"I see your ears are working, too," says the duck. "Now if you don't mind, can I have my beer and my sandwich please?"

"Certainly, sorry about that" says the bartender as he pours the duck a pint. "It's just we don't get many ducks in this pub. What are you doing around this way?"

"I'm working on the building site across the road," explains the duck. "I'm a plasterer."

The flabbergasted bartender cannot believe the duck and wants to learn more, but takes the hint when the duck pulls out a newspaper from his bag and proceeds to read it.

So, the duck reads his paper, drinks his beer, eats his sandwich, bids the barman good day and leaves.

The same thing happens for two weeks.

Then one day the circus comes to town.

The ringmaster comes into the pub for a pint and the bartender says to him:

"You're with the circus, aren't you? Well, I know this duck that could be just brilliant in your circus. He talks, drinks beer, eats sandwiches, reads the newspaper and everything!"

"Sounds marvelous," says the ringmaster, handing over his business card. "Get him to give me a call."

So the next day when the duck comes into the pub the bartender says, "Hey Mr. Duck, I reckon I can line you up with a top job, paying really good money."

"I'm always looking for the next job," says the duck. "Where is it?"

"At the circus," says the bartender.

"The circus?" repeats the duck.

"That's right," replies the bartender.

"The circus?" the duck asks again. "With the big TENT?"

"Yeah!" the bartender replies.

"With all the animals who live in CAGES, and performers who live in CARAVANS?" says the duck.

"Of course," the bartender replies.

"And the tent has CANVAS sides and a big canvas roof with a hole in the middle?" persists the duck.

"That's right!" says the bartender.

The duck shakes his head in amazement, and says: "What would they want with a plasterer???"

surprise_17.gif.4d8af67544acc0a8ff8ae11f4def36f9.gif

On 1/2/2024 at 10:32 PM, Pitboss said:
On 12/24/2023 at 9:27 PM, Pitboss said:

Anybody want a $10 Uber Gift Code? I don't use them and nobody I know does.

:bump:

1.gif.9aee592012ae15ee510386fa8550fd73.gif

Kinda reminds me of some of @DR.X Christmas contest.  Maybe someone will take you up on the offer, but like you I do not use them .  Good luck!

@aszumilo

Finally had the time to open up one of the two massive boxes of comics I received from my American forwarding company. The smaller of the two, it contained 157 comics in total, spanning 20 different orders from various sellers/retailers. The three largest orders in the box (20+ comics each) came from NewKadia, Mile High Comics, and an eBay store called Cyberspace Comics. I haven't had the time to individually check every single issue for completeness yet (i.e. whether or not they're missing pages), but I'll get around to that at some point for those three stores before I contact them about any issues.

NewKadia liberally over-grades their comics. The majority of their comics should've been pulled down a notch for their grades. Clearly, they self-grade the issues higher to charge buyers more, and they refer to Overstreet prices. Although I can tolerate some of them, I must dispute with them over some really egregiously over-graded issues.

Mile High Comics was... surprisingly accurate, or hell, they even under-graded many of their comics. Despite all of the negative rumours I've heard about them (from here and otherwise), I needed a ton of issues that only they had readily in stock, so I bit the bullet and took a chance with them, mostly ordering Fair/Good since those were the only affordable grades. The majority of the issues felt like they were graded one tier lower than they should've been. Only a few had issues, but that's just a few bad eggs out of dozens of good ones. Only one issue is worth disputing over, while the rest are acceptable. I'm pleasantly surprised.

Cyberspace Comics explicitly deals in low grade comics, and well, I got what I paid for by buying from them. The grading is somewhat hit-or-miss, and their comics were more likely to have writing on them. I have ordered from them in the past, and they seem to be amicable when it comes to resolving issues. I didn't find any unexpected problems with this particular order.

Just sharing my two cents about my experience with those retailers for now. I've still yet to open the other massive box, as well as one separate individual shipment from MyComicShop.

Edited by stormflora

Just inspected the comics in the Mile High Comics order for completeness. Out of the 29 issues, two had problems. I just sent them a message requesting a refund for them and am awaiting a reply. Again, despite what I've heard about them, this order was very satisfactory, especially considering how they mostly undergraded the comics. No real complaints, so long as I am reimbursed.

Edited by stormflora

Just inspected the comics in the NewKadia order for completeness. Out of the 23 issues, seven had problems, largely resulting from being overgraded and overpriced. I just sent them a message requesting a refund for them and am awaiting a reply. I am rather disappointed with the order that I received, and likely won't be buying from them again unless they amicably reimburse me for these issues. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that the staff are to blame for the liberal grading.

On 1/3/2024 at 7:13 PM, stormflora said:

Just inspected the comics in the NewKadia order for completeness. Out of the 23 issues, seven had problems, largely resulting from being overgraded and overpriced. I just sent them a message requesting a refund for them and am awaiting a reply. I am rather disappointed with the order that I received, and likely won't be buying from them again unless they amicably reimburse me for these issues. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that the staff are to blame for the liberal grading.

In addition to the grading issue. They also have issues with correct identification / listing of variants.  I have had a fee issues that were supposed to be Newsstand issues that they sent direct editions.  Same with DCU.