• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
15 15

40,382 posts in this topic

49. Who’s The insufficiently_thoughtful_person?

For whatever reason, some customers love to treat retail employees like they’re part of a lower class. This story from BatsDX is totally satisfying, because they put a snobby customer in their place. “I was standing in line at WalMart. An old lady in front of me. Something isn’t ringing up right so the cashier goes to get another one. The old lady turns to me and in the cruelest voice ever says to me, ‘Can you believe the insufficiently_thoughtful_persons they hire here!? They’ve never hired anyone with half a brain.’

“With absolutely no expression or emotion, I just said, “In that case, it’s a wonder you don’t work here.” She just got angry and turned back to the till and didn’t pitch to me anymore. Felt good.”

On 6/17/2022 at 11:34 PM, kav said:

For whatever reason, some customers love to treat retail employees like they’re part of a lower class. This story from BatsDX is totally satisfying, because they put a snobby customer in their place. “I was standing in line at WalMart. An old lady in front of me. Something isn’t ringing up right so the cashier goes to get another one. The old lady turns to me and in the cruelest voice ever says to me, ‘Can you believe the insufficiently_thoughtful_persons they hire here!? They’ve never hired anyone with half a brain.’

“With absolutely no expression or emotion, I just said, “In that case, it’s a wonder you don’t work here.” She just got angry and turned back to the till and didn’t pitch to me anymore. Felt good.”

See the source image

On 6/17/2022 at 11:34 PM, kav said:

20220425_235226.jpg.695fee790aa039ecacd258cf047d492b.jpg

34. Mailbox Mess

“Once I was walking outside of the mall and saw some young teenage girl throw a milkshake into one of those big blue mailboxes. I told her to freeze and grabbed mall security, who quickly summoned the cops. Not sure what the girl was charged with, but I’d never seen someone do something so blatantly rude and illegal. Who knows what got ruined in that mailbox because that girl was too lazy to find a proper trash can!”