• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
15 15

40,382 posts in this topic

31. Some People Should Not Have Pets

This is a very sad story from a Redditor called justsmurfythanx. A cruel man got a new puppy, and was clearly abusing it early on in its life. “One summer night several years ago, my friends and I were walking around town, just goofing off. As we were about to turn a corner, we heard a guy yelling and then what sounded like a puppy yelping. We turned the corner and saw that our assumption was correct. This guy had a puppy (no more than 10 pounds) on a leash and was yanking him around because the dog wouldn’t poop on command (we could hear him telling the dog that). He was abusing the poor thing.

“So I said, ‘Yank that dog one more time and see what happens.’ He looked me dead in the eye and yanked the dog so hard that I thought he would break its neck. We spent the next 3 minutes handing him the beating of his life and left him on the sidewalk. My friend still has the dog. I know what we did was fundamentally wrong. But sometimes in life, you have to choose the lesser of two evils.”

On 6/17/2022 at 11:45 PM, kav said:

34. Mailbox Mess

“Once I was walking outside of the mall and saw some young teenage girl throw a milkshake into one of those big blue mailboxes. I told her to freeze and grabbed mall security, who quickly summoned the cops. Not sure what the girl was charged with, but I’d never seen someone do something so blatantly rude and illegal. Who knows what got ruined in that mailbox because that girl was too lazy to find a proper trash can!”

uhoh.gif.d79e4cfad04fbcc5348a0b7f982ffc89.gif

On 6/17/2022 at 11:49 PM, kav said:

31. Some People Should Not Have Pets

This is a very sad story from a Redditor called justsmurfythanx. A cruel man got a new puppy, and was clearly abusing it early on in its life. “One summer night several years ago, my friends and I were walking around town, just goofing off. As we were about to turn a corner, we heard a guy yelling and then what sounded like a puppy yelping. We turned the corner and saw that our assumption was correct. This guy had a puppy (no more than 10 pounds) on a leash and was yanking him around because the dog wouldn’t poop on command (we could hear him telling the dog that). He was abusing the poor thing.

“So I said, ‘Yank that dog one more time and see what happens.’ He looked me dead in the eye and yanked the dog so hard that I thought he would break its neck. We spent the next 3 minutes handing him the beating of his life and left him on the sidewalk. My friend still has the dog. I know what we did was fundamentally wrong. But sometimes in life, you have to choose the lesser of two evils.”

20220617_234323.jpg.bc26799277285f41906a77c1660abf65.jpg

20. Spoiler Alert 

“I went to see The Hunger Games. I chose the 4 o’clock show because I thought it would be more empty. It wasn’t. A teenage couple sits behind me talking loudly. Thirty minutes into the movie, they still haven’t stopped talking. So I turn around to look them dead in the face and ask them: ‘Hey guys, did you read the books?’

“The girl just looked at me wild-eyed and bewildered and replied with: ‘Ummmm… noo.’ I looked that little jerk in her face and said: “Well I did, so if you two don’t shut up I’m going to tell you what happens and ruin the movie for you.’… That bought me 10 minutes of silence. Then they started talking again, so I turn around and said, ‘Hey! Do you see that little girl Rue’? She dies.’ Silence the rest of the movie.”

On 6/17/2022 at 11:59 PM, kav said:

20. Spoiler Alert 

“I went to see The Hunger Games. I chose the 4 o’clock show because I thought it would be more empty. It wasn’t. A teenage couple sits behind me talking loudly. Thirty minutes into the movie, they still haven’t stopped talking. So I turn around to look them dead in the face and ask them: ‘Hey guys, did you read the books?’

“The girl just looked at me wild-eyed and bewildered and replied with: ‘Ummmm… noo.’ I looked that little jerk in her face and said: “Well I did, so if you two don’t shut up I’m going to tell you what happens and ruin the movie for you.’… That bought me 10 minutes of silence. Then they started talking again, so I turn around and said, ‘Hey! Do you see that little girl Rue’? She dies.’ Silence the rest of the movie.”

monster-stare.gif.177e343358a007fe36856608eefac18a.gif

2. Don’t Pull the Marine Card

“My buddy and I were at a movie, and these dudes were talking about how they had just got out of basic training in the Marines. They were bashing the movie and laughing, making rude comments etc. Well, my buddy tells them to pipe down. They flip him off — though they do quiet down. After the movie, we are at the front of the pack right behind the 6 or 7 guys being rude. My buddy says, ‘How you were behaving in the theater was really rude to everyone around you.’ The loudest guy whips out his military I.D. and says, ‘Yeah, well I’m a marine and I fight for your freedom.’

“My buddy, who just happens to be an officer, whips his I.D. out and says, ‘I’m a marine officer. Just because you have the honor of wearing a uniform doesn’t give you the right to be a piece of trash.’ Then he made them stand at attention right at the door of the movie theater and apologize to every patron exiting.”

On 6/18/2022 at 12:09 AM, kav said:

2. Don’t Pull the Marine Card

“My buddy and I were at a movie, and these dudes were talking about how they had just got out of basic training in the Marines. They were bashing the movie and laughing, making rude comments etc. Well, my buddy tells them to pipe down. They flip him off — though they do quiet down. After the movie, we are at the front of the pack right behind the 6 or 7 guys being rude. My buddy says, ‘How you were behaving in the theater was really rude to everyone around you.’ The loudest guy whips out his military I.D. and says, ‘Yeah, well I’m a marine and I fight for your freedom.’

“My buddy, who just happens to be an officer, whips his I.D. out and says, ‘I’m a marine officer. Just because you have the honor of wearing a uniform doesn’t give you the right to be a piece of trash.’ Then he made them stand at attention right at the door of the movie theater and apologize to every patron exiting.”

20220617_234323.jpg.9aaafbec98f2e10efa235ba8d7a35d47.jpg

1. Comics are Cool

“I’m a student, and I was on a long journey on the London underground from the bottom of the Northern line to the top about a year ago. I packed some quality reading: World War Hulk. Comics at their best. After 30 minutes or so, a proper rich toff steps aboard. He had what I could only assume was a nice tailored suit, shiny shoes, impeccable hair, even a pocket watch. Dude had style but had a prude air around him.

“Anyhow, he sits next to me and I just hunker down and keep reading my stories. After a stop or two, he looks down at the comic and then to me. ‘Aren’t you a bit old to be reading comic books?’ He sneered, literally peering down his nose at me. After a momentary pause, I responded, ‘Aren’t you a bit rich to be on the tube?’ And to my delight, a small Chinese woman opposite me burst out into laughter. He promptly got off at the next station. Not much, but it made me feel like a  boss.” 

@Buzzetta

On 6/17/2022 at 10:11 PM, kav said:

1. Comics are Cool

“I’m a student, and I was on a long journey on the London underground from the bottom of the Northern line to the top about a year ago. I packed some quality reading: World War Hulk. Comics at their best. After 30 minutes or so, a proper rich toff steps aboard. He had what I could only assume was a nice tailored suit, shiny shoes, impeccable hair, even a pocket watch. Dude had style but had a prude air around him.

“Anyhow, he sits next to me and I just hunker down and keep reading my stories. After a stop or two, he looks down at the comic and then to me. ‘Aren’t you a bit old to be reading comic books?’ He sneered, literally peering down his nose at me. After a momentary pause, I responded, ‘Aren’t you a bit rich to be on the tube?’ And to my delight, a small Chinese woman opposite me burst out into laughter. He promptly got off at the next station. Not much, but it made me feel like a  boss.” 

@Buzzetta

20220617_234323.jpg.9aaafbec98f2e10efa235ba8d7a35d47.jpg