• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
15 15

40,382 posts in this topic

On 8/28/2022 at 9:13 PM, D84 said:

I can't wait to see Marvel :censored: this up.

they've been on death spiral since shang chi with the exception of the homecoming movies.  movies and shows.  Some powerful person somewhere is saying leave spider man alone with that woke stuff.

On 8/29/2022 at 11:41 AM, kav said:

they've been on death spiral since shang chi with the exception of the homecoming movies.  movies and shows.  Some powerful person somewhere is saying leave spider man alone with that woke stuff.

Especially with the Disney MCU, IMO.  I just don't care to watch any of that stuff...just Spidey.  I won't even watch the next GotG...(shrug)

On 8/29/2022 at 10:45 AM, Galen130 said:

Especially with the Disney MCU, IMO.  I just don't care to watch any of that stuff...just Spidey.  I won't even watch the next GotG...(shrug)

its gross.

On 8/29/2022 at 12:41 PM, kav said:

It started before that. I'm sorry, but Endgame was a convoluted mess.

On 8/29/2022 at 11:10 AM, D84 said:

spoon writing is spoon writing. Woke or not.

injecting preaching into a film is the main no no of scriptwriting.  it infects the whole film.  We can disagree about endgame-I thought it was great-but there's no disagreement about injecting preaching into films.

On 8/29/2022 at 1:12 PM, kav said:

injecting preaching into a film is the main no no of scriptwriting.  it infects the whole film.  We can disagree about endgame-I thought it was great-but there's no disagreement about injecting preaching into films.

Yeah. Ham fisted writing has been getting worse with each project. 

A message is one thing, but the current writers are using all the subtly of a bazooka.

On 8/29/2022 at 11:16 AM, D84 said:

Yeah. Ham fisted writing has been getting worse with each project. 

A message is one thing, but the current writers are using all the subtly of a bazooka.

I will agree with that.  I mean tony stark builds a time travel device in abt 5 minutes pretty ham handed.

It's pretty obvious none of the writers or consultants on Infinity War or Endgame had ever been in the military, or at least never participated in a large-scale battle.  The idea that every Avengers woman in the Endgame fight would suddenly meet up during all that chaos and charge forward together is just absurd.  Also, Avengers did not suffer anywhere near the number of casualties they should have - even some with superpowers of one kind or another were not invulnerable and there were, of course, plain ol' humans like Hawkeye and Falcon.

BUT, you have to be able to suspend your disbelief to enjoy any of these movies.  If you can't, you shouldn't be paying to see them.

On 8/29/2022 at 12:28 PM, MattTheDuck said:

It's pretty obvious none of the writers or consultants on Infinity War or Endgame had ever been in the military, or at least never participated in a large-scale battle.  The idea that every Avengers woman in the Endgame fight would suddenly meet up during all that chaos and charge forward together is just absurd.  Also, Avengers did not suffer anywhere near the number of casualties they should have - even some with superpowers of one kind or another were not invulnerable and there were, of course, plain ol' humans like Hawkeye and Falcon.

BUT, you have to be able to suspend your disbelief to enjoy any of these movies.  If you can't, you shouldn't be paying to see them.

Mac Arthur would have loved to make timely dramatic entrances like in these movies!

On 8/29/2022 at 12:35 PM, kav said:

Mac Arthur would have loved to make timely dramatic entrances like in these movies!

He was definitely a guy who understood dramatic entrances and exits...and speeches.  The timely arrival of the calvary is a well-used trope and perhaps not less effective despite that.

And in that very moment, away behind in some courtyard of the city, a crowed. Shrill and clear he crowed, recking nothing of war nor of wizardry, welcoming only the morning that in the sky far above the shadows of death was coming with the dawn.  And as if in answer there came from far away another note. Horns, horns, horns, in dark Mindolluin's sides they dimly echoed. Great horns of the north wildly blowing. Rohan had come at last.”
 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King