• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
15 15

40,333 posts in this topic

Strangely tho, he did not give away all the money he earned from that role:
Crispin Glover starred as Marty McFly’s dad in the beloved Back to the Future trilogy. But he told The AV Club that he hadn’t loved the way the series had come to an end. He had disapproved of it so much that he brought his concerns to director Robert Zemeckis. He recalled, “I said, ‘I think if the characters have money, if our characters are rich, it’s a bad message. That reward should not be in there.’”

On 9/14/2022 at 11:33 PM, kav said:

Strangely tho, he did not give away all the money he earned from that role:
Crispin Glover starred as Marty McFly’s dad in the beloved Back to the Future trilogy. But he told The AV Club that he hadn’t loved the way the series had come to an end. He had disapproved of it so much that he brought his concerns to director Robert Zemeckis. He recalled, “I said, ‘I think if the characters have money, if our characters are rich, it’s a bad message. That reward should not be in there.’”

He was right.

On 9/14/2022 at 10:50 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #1 - "Once you have their money...you never give it back."

that guy gets it.

On 9/15/2022 at 4:20 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Guys Who Get it Club.  Meetings all over the Boards every day.

This guy GETS it. 

Crossposting from the Toy Thread, a plea for help for anyone who can be bothered to assist. Details below. Basically, there are two twopacks. I only have one, and am having trouble finding the other. No luck, and they are sporadically showing up in American stores still, mainly Wal-Mart but also Target. These are NECA's 1990 Movie Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, 7 inch scale. 

Details are below. 

If anyone is kind enough to help me in my quest for 1990 TMNT Movie NECA turtles Michelangelo and Raphael, and you have a Twitter account, you could really help me. A rando guy is holding a give away of both 2 Packs. All you need to do is state your favourite moment from the 1990 film. Don't need to follow him or subscribe to anything, literally just reply to the thread with your favourite moment from the 1990 film. Easy! It closes on the 17th!!

You get to make money here, if you win. I'll pay full price for the pack I need, and I'm sure you'll have no problem with the other one. Hell, you might want it. Or I can trade you a Donnie single packed if you just want one to check out. 

Thanks to anyone who helps me! I'm genuinely grateful, and thankful, to anyone who helps me here.

Edited by Cat