• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
15 15

40,304 posts in this topic

In other news my aunt went back to the hospital yesterday, because she was in a great amount of pain still in her arm. They did new X-rays, and determined that her fractures are unstable and require immediate surgery. She's got to get a CT scan as soon as she can get in today, marked as urgent, and is then scheduled to have surgery tomorrow, ie Christmas Eve, should be getting home Xmas day sometime hopefully, according to the hospital. She has to go to another city for that, since this is a regional hospital and doesn't do anything like surgeries (and I wouldn't trust them even if they did). 

They'd also put the cast on too tight, and her arm was very swollen within the cast, causing her more pain. insufficiently_thoughtful_persons. 

Edited by Cat
I forgot which day Xmas was

On 12/22/2022 at 4:57 PM, Cat said:

In other news my aunt went back to the hospital yesterday, because she was in a great amount of pain still in her arm. They did new X-rays, and determined that her fractures are unstable and require immediate surgery. She's got to get a CT scan as soon as she can get in today, marked as urgent, and is then scheduled to have surgery tomorrow, ie Christmas day. She has to go to another city for that, since this is a regional hospital and doesn't do anything like surgeries (and I wouldn't trust them even if they did). 

They'd also put the cast on too tight, and her arm was very swollen within the cast, causing her more pain. insufficiently_thoughtful_persons. 

Not too hard for a higher power to rely on, but sometimes that's all we need, though hard on us. Prayers, and the season tends to put unnecessary stress. I just blew up at a relative, but didn't over step bounds, I can only imagine how working or depending on people working on holidays feels. :sorry:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 12/23/2022 at 9:19 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Not too hard for a higher power to rely on, but sometimes that's all we need, though hard on us. Prayers, and the season tends to put unnecessary stress. I just blew up at a relative, but didn't over step bounds, I can only imagine how working or depending on people working on holidays feels. :sorry:

She's actually taking the surgery news rather well, considering she thought it hadn't been right since she got it done. She's just glad it's finally being addressed, and that this should take care of it. She just doesn't think she'll be getting a plate or pins (I don't know if they ever use pins for wrists?) but I don't see any other way around it. 

And aww Addy, I can't see you blowing up at someone too badly. There's a lot of pressure this time of year, just try not to let it get to you. 

On 12/22/2022 at 2:57 PM, Cat said:

In other news my aunt went back to the hospital yesterday, because she was in a great amount of pain still in her arm. They did new X-rays, and determined that her fractures are unstable and require immediate surgery. She's got to get a CT scan as soon as she can get in today, marked as urgent, and is then scheduled to have surgery tomorrow, ie Christmas day. She has to go to another city for that, since this is a regional hospital and doesn't do anything like surgeries (and I wouldn't trust them even if they did). 

Damn, that's too bad.  Hate to see this kind of thing spiraling up rather than calming down.  Wish her the best and a quick recovery.

On 12/22/2022 at 6:02 PM, Cat said:

She's actually taking the surgery news rather well, considering she thought it hadn't been right since she got it done. She's just glad it's finally being addressed, and that this should take care of it. She just doesn't think she'll be getting a plate or pins (I don't know if they ever use pins for wrists?) but I don't see any other way around it. 

And aww Addy, I can't see you blowing up at someone too badly. There's a lot of pressure this time of year, just try not to let it get to you. 

Well it's also colder than normal with my feels like negative one Texas complaint. :insane:

Screenshot_20221222-182413.png

On 12/23/2022 at 10:27 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Well it's also colder than normal with my feels like negative one Texas complaint. :insane:

That's juuuuuust a bit cold. :whatthe:

On 12/23/2022 at 10:05 AM, MattTheDuck said:

Damn, that's too bad.  Hate to see this kind of thing spiraling up rather than calming down.  Wish her the best and a quick recovery.

Thanks mate. Me too, I was really hoping she could avoid surgery (her right hand has only just healed from carpal tunnel surgery she had done a few weeks prior, and that got infected). 

On 12/22/2022 at 6:36 PM, Cat said:

That's juuuuuust a bit cold. :whatthe:

While it might be common for most kr parts of the country have it much colder, it's cold for Texas. Last year we were seconds from a statewide power grid failure because of it, so far so good and can't help but chill out and pray. :shy:

On 12/22/2022 at 6:37 PM, Cat said:

Thanks mate. Me too, I was really hoping she could avoid surgery (her right hand has only just healed from carpal tunnel surgery she had done a few weeks prior, and that got infected). 

Ya you mentioned there might have been a "last time that it was 'worked' on", so I'm hoping it's at least an expected end to the pain :shy:

On 12/22/2022 at 4:37 PM, Cat said:

My mother had exactly the same experience with carpel tunnel.  I think she had both wrists done twice over the years, and she had a staph infection once that was ugly.  Lots of swelling tightening up those sutures.

On 12/23/2022 at 11:16 AM, MattTheDuck said:

My mother had exactly the same experience with carpel tunnel.  I think she had both wrists done twice over the years, and she had a staph infection once that was ugly.  Lots of swelling tightening up those sutures.

Yep, that's exactly what my aunt had, a staph infection. It was very ugly, but luckily the strong antibiotics they gave her cleared it up pretty quickly, once they figured it all out. 

Edited by Cat
Spelon

This is interesting, the World War 2 'Battle Of Brisbane'. Australian and American troops had enough of each other and a mass brawl ensued. Really interesting one. Be sure to read the Background section, as it's incredibly interesting, and gives a great insight on what things were like back then, for both the Aussies and the Yanks. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Brisbane

On 12/22/2022 at 5:57 PM, Cat said:

Sorry to hear this, prayers sent!

On 12/22/2022 at 7:02 PM, Cat said:

I can't see Addy blowing up much either! lol

On 12/22/2022 at 7:27 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

THat's VERY cold for Texas! 

That cold is coming my way tomorrow, I think it will be a low of 7 degrees Fahrenheit !