• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
16 16

40,415 posts in this topic

On 4/10/2022 at 10:41 PM, G-G © ® ™ said:

Fool's in full derail mode.....like tryin' to stop the wind.

I wrote to Dafoe. He suggested you rise above it.

9cee1e6c91d779bff3bc4b092e75f03196-08-willem-dafoe.rvertical_w570.webp.c6befd3b9fe5f314f9bf0ccb28590c17.webp

But did he mention pie or dance tricks? 

On 4/10/2022 at 1:38 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

20210412_235350.jpg.57afbd95d78a659b5bedb23812d7738f.jpg

I was a Star Wars fan back in the early-mid 1990's. This was an odd period, with the massive lull of nothing continuing from the end of the 80's, then finally signs of life, this 'Thrawn Trilogy thing'. Guess I'll give them a read and OMG THESE ARE BRILLIANT IS THIS THE NEXT TRILOGY?!?

Merchandising were just was quiet, til word came of a new line in '94/'95. Now we were in business! Leia was included in the line's refined initial offerings, and got a reaction that makes it her her nickname after it all,' Monkey Leia'?. People had expectations. And these expectations were being failed mirerably by this 4 inch piece of plastic. Monkey Leia provides. It's such an ugly sculpt, and to be fair sometimes the scultpor can take some time to really warm to a subject. Here I believe no love given, no quarter lost. '

Oh and at first she was rare to find. So people were paying big money for a figure they hated. The irony was palpable. I got lucky found mine in the wild, so I pad zeso scalper tax, for what seems like one of the first time ever. Good feeling, good feeling. 

In short, we have Monkey Leia figure, she may not be the heroine we want, but she's the one we deserve. 

On 4/10/2022 at 8:52 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

I was a Star Wars fan back in the early-mid 1990's. This was an odd period, with the massive lull of nothing continuing from the end of the 80's, then finally signs of life, this 'Thrawn Trilogy thing'. Guess I'll give them a read and OMG THESE ARE BRILLIANT IS THIS THE NEXT TRILOGY?!?

Merchandising were just was quiet, til word came of a new line in '94/'95. Now we were in business! Leia was included in the line's refined initial offerings, and got a reaction that makes it her her nickname after it all,' Monkey Leia'?. People had expectations. And these expectations were being failed mirerably by this 4 inch piece of plastic. Monkey Leia provides. It's such an ugly sculpt, and to be fair sometimes the scultpor can take some time to really warm to a subject. Here I believe no love given, no quarter lost. '

Oh and at first she was rare to find. So people were paying big money for a figure they hated. The irony was palpable. I got lucky found mine in the wild, so I pad zeso scalper tax, for what seems like one of the first time ever. Good feeling, good feeling. 

In short, we have Monkey Leia figure, she may not be the heroine we want, but she's the one we deserve. 

Planet of the Apes / Star Wars Crossover. 

tNxVsX9pCb4U0_3BaamOejdUTNiI_cgSwgSf7fh2rLI.jpg.4a919244b2b7d84c16a5e136bfef65c6.jpg