• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gerber fullbacks
1 1

9 posts in this topic

I've mostly been using BCW boards.  What I don't like about them is I can never get a pack of BCW's that are perfectly flat.  They always have a bend to them, and I have never been able to make them flat.  It's like the plastic wrapping is put on too tight or something and then when it's stored it just has a permanent bend.  Or maybe they are never flat.  I don't know.  But bending them back the other way just makes the whole thing distorted.  So I have like 1000 of these BCW boards and not a one of them is the way I want it.

So I looked on these forums and people seem to like the Gerber fullbacks.  Of course, they aren't available, but I have some free time over the holidays and really want to redo my books.  So I bought a couple hundred full backs (700FB) from some eBay scalpers.  Anyway, these have a bend too!  It's not as bad as the BCWs, but there is a definite curve.  They are certainly not flat. So my question is this: is that just how these come too?  Or did this scalper, besides charging me like 5x list price, send me crappy ones?  It just seems incredible to me that no one can make a flat backing board.  I get cardboard boxes by the 100s, and they ship flat and packed together, and they are always perfectly flat.  And those I couldn't care less if they are flat or not--just wondering why BCW and Gerber can't do the same.

Anyway, if this is as good as it gets, then I suppose I'll get more of them.  Just wanted to make sure. 

Edited by Poekaymon

I actually put a slight bend into every one of my fullbacks. Vertical and convex (when looked at from the front). True story.