• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the Dealers & Collection Buyers…
2 2

23 posts in this topic

I've been wondering for some time (and this topic provoked me thinking more of it), but does anyone know if there's a service that appraises the value of your collection in terms of selling said collection rather than overall investment value? 

I have a collection of Silver/Bronze age doubles logged into covrprice just for this purpose- to have a rough idea of what said collection of those specific comics are "worth" in today's market, then I was going to try to sell it eventually at half of whatever covrprice said it was- but i've been wondering if there's any dealers or collectors who would look closely at a list of a collection and give an assessment on what it might go for in the marketplace. 

On 1/14/2022 at 8:26 PM, djzombi said:

What, not love for "Golden Oldie"?  

auntmay-teamup-comic-full.jpg

I have a cgc 9.8, wifey always talked about this one so I got the 9.8. "Oh, I can't read it" she said. I went downstairs and brought her up a copy and she was happier.

On 1/16/2022 at 7:59 AM, wisbyron said:

I've been wondering for some time (and this topic provoked me thinking more of it), but does anyone know if there's a service that appraises the value of your collection in terms of selling said collection rather than overall investment value? 

I have a collection of Silver/Bronze age doubles logged into covrprice just for this purpose- to have a rough idea of what said collection of those specific comics are "worth" in today's market, then I was going to try to sell it eventually at half of whatever covrprice said it was- but i've been wondering if there's any dealers or collectors who would look closely at a list of a collection and give an assessment on what it might go for in the marketplace. 

Probably not unless it had lots of keys or nice grades. And then, only if they had the opportunity to buy it.

My experience is once I go to the time and trouble, I have most often had my offer turned down. The owner then uses your offer as a bargaining chip to the next interested buyer. Most sellers have no concept of what it takes for a dealer to move a collection at even a reasonable profit. 

If you are simply looking to find out what it is worth, you would have to pay an hourly rate to a certified appraiser. Knowledge and experience has a price attached.