• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC grading "invisible" comics?
10 10

264 posts in this topic

On 2/5/2022 at 8:16 PM, Troy Division said:

Bump as this hit the third page with still no response from CGC regarding the simple question:
Was this the first time a company and / or person paid CGC® (Certified Guaranty Company®) for the exact grades they wanted / received OR is this the first time CGC® was caught?

Not to distract from the great invisibility scam of 2021, but this had me thinking - am I the only who is a bit bothered by the green or blue menu options for books that normally in the past would get a GLOD by default (like when an incomplete book is graded, you can now press 1 for a 6.0Q, or press 2 for a 0.5 blue)?  How about the NG Page 1 only of ASM #1 that I own?  Shouldn't I be able to request a 0.5 INCOMPLETE instead (with witty "Cover and most of book missing" subtext on the label)?

Standards should be standards, no?

On 2/5/2022 at 11:17 PM, mattn792 said:

Not to distract from the great invisibility scam of 2021, but this had me thinking - am I the only who is a bit bothered by the green or blue menu options for books that normally in the past would get a GLOD by default (like when an incomplete book is graded, you can now press 1 for a 6.0Q, or press 2 for a 0.5 blue)?  How about the NG Page 1 only of ASM #1 that I own?  Shouldn't I be able to request a 0.5 INCOMPLETE instead (with witty "Cover and most of book missing" subtext on the label)?

hm

Screenshot_20210407-155333_Gallery.thumb.jpg.85a671591779bffb2eee145fd52eb1f4.jpg

On 2/6/2022 at 12:17 AM, mattn792 said:

Agreed.
Consistency (and integrity) is key.
Especially for a company valued at approximately half a BILLION dollars.

On 2/6/2022 at 12:17 AM, mattn792 said:

I think by now we all realize their standards are misgraded books, random insertion of labels and damaged slabs.

a [noun] and their [noun] are quickly parted...

I see they tagged CGC.
They should have asked the question that CGC have refused to answer on these boards:
Was this the first time a company and / or person paid CGC® (Certified Guaranty Company®) for the exact grades they wanted / received OR is this the first time CGC® was caught?

Edited by Troy Division

On 2/5/2022 at 11:17 PM, mattn792 said:

Not to distract from the great invisibility scam of 2021, but this had me thinking - am I the only who is a bit bothered by the green or blue menu options for books that normally in the past would get a GLOD by default (like when an incomplete book is graded, you can now press 1 for a 6.0Q, or press 2 for a 0.5 blue)? 

From what I can remember, you could make this choice even in the early days of CGC.....just not this conveniently.  I'm not sure what the logistics were back then.....perhaps they would put the ones that "fit the bill" in a qualified label, and you could send it back in for a reholder with a lower grade blue label if you wanted?  Or maybe they called and asked what you would prefer?  But I'm pretty sure you could get the book with your preference of a green or blue label if you wanted.  @greggy or some of the other long time submitters might be able to shed some light on this.

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 3/19/2022 at 10:56 PM, s-dali said:

They're still listed in the census. 

Of course they are.

When one hits an auction house and sells for some crazy price they will probably advertise it on the home page and email.  Like the CGC "CVR"  "#1" " with white pages"  from the Action Comics  :facepalm:

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite

On 4/1/2022 at 8:52 AM, Troy Division said:

Today's as good a day as any to remind people of this 'joke'.
I wonder if CGC is ever going to address the questions / concerns raised within this thread.

I think, like with everything Bad Idea does, people lose interest real quick. 

Plus, it's not like CGC needs to answer to the stupid things they do.  People just keep sending in books.