• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone heard of this new site to sell stuff?
2 2

22 posts in this topic

On 1/1/2022 at 9:29 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:
On 1/1/2022 at 9:17 AM, lizards2 said:

Looks..., not interesting.

Is there only 1 listing, or am I too dense navigate the site?:insane:

That's all I see, but I am no techie.

There are multiple comic sites available for use right now. I look for many to fold over the next 2 years. 
This new 1099 rule that will go into place will put the squeeze on all these small venues. Many are going
to some to try to get away from paying taxes. When you are fees are near the same as ebay and you have
much less people then you better offer an alternative for buyers. Personally to me it looks like Mycomicshop,
Whatsapp, IG, and Facebook Groups, CGC forum selling board and Ebay will be the only ones left standing
in 2 years and I am not sure Whatsapp will stick around either. I could be wrong, but I am thinking this 1099
rule will knock down several sellers who use other sites or Instagram which many are frantic right now about
what they are going to do. (There are threads over there about that topic.) 

Edited by fastballspecial

On 1/1/2022 at 12:03 PM, followtheleader said:

The E-bay alternative is Facebook (makes me barf saying it). 

Frankly, it's flipflopped.  E-bay is the Facebook alternative. 

Patrick 

I've avoided FB marketplace so far, as I have a distaste for FB in general, but how is it for Golden Age books, buying and selling? Are a lot of the books cross-listed on ebay?

On 1/1/2022 at 2:42 PM, rjpb said:

I've avoided FB marketplace so far, as I have a distaste for FB in general, but how is it for Golden Age books, buying and selling? Are a lot of the books cross-listed on ebay?

I dislike FB as well.

Marketplace is almost a Craigslist dinosaur, IMO.

The real action are the FB groups.  As a seller, you can make a killing now.  

There is a group or 20 for nearly everything anymore.  

I'm sure there are a ton of Gold groups.  

Things sell so high and fast for what I collect.  So I don't waste my time 

Patrick 

On 1/1/2022 at 4:39 PM, Fisionbomb said:

I have not used it, or even looked into it myself, but I hear regularly from a buddy in Los Angeles that states OfferUp is pretty solid.

I suspect your friend being in Los Angeles may be the key to his success with that app, but I live in a small “big city” and the one time posted CGC books on OfferUp it was pretty much a waste of time. 

Posted up about about a dozen books and only one got any “action” … if several messages asking ‘how low will you go’ nonsense counts as action. 

Best I got was an offer of $100 on a book I was asking $225 for with the ‘you’re asking way too much bro’ message.  Pointed out that completed auctions on eBay for the book in same grade went for more than what I was asking and the cheapest one currently listed was $100 over what I was asking.  Radio silence to that. 

Left the books up for about a week and then pulled them and listed them on Shortboxed where I sold the ‘way too much’ book for my asking price within a week. 

IDK, I may give it a shot again at some point but it just seemed like a bunch of Craigslist low-balling hustle to me. But again, I think it might have a lot to do with the area you’re in. 

On 1/1/2022 at 8:33 PM, Number 6 said:

I suspect your friend being in Los Angeles may be the key to his success with that app, but I live in a small “big city” and the one time posted CGC books on OfferUp it was pretty much a waste of time. 

Posted up about about a dozen books and only one got any “action” … if several messages asking ‘how low will you go’ nonsense counts as action. 

Best I got was an offer of $100 on a book I was asking $225 for with the ‘you’re asking way too much bro’ message.  Pointed out that completed auctions on eBay for the book in same grade went for more than what I was asking and the cheapest one currently listed was $100 over what I was asking.  Radio silence to that. 

Left the books up for about a week and then pulled them and listed them on Shortboxed where I sold the ‘way too much’ book for my asking price within a week. 

IDK, I may give it a shot again at some point but it just seemed like a bunch of Craigslist low-balling hustle to me. But again, I think it might have a lot to do with the area you’re in. 

Location likely is key, and regardless of his success I've always had that "craigslist" feeling about it which is why I haven't pursued it at all. Just thought I'd pass the info along for those who dare.

On 1/1/2022 at 7:33 PM, Number 6 said:

Favorite response to those:

"The price will go down after your Mom does."

Edited by D84