• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best of 2021... BUDGET EDITION! henceforth known as THE MORLEYS! RESULTS POSTED
4 4

75 posts in this topic

On 1/14/2022 at 2:29 PM, BCarter27 said:

Welcome back fellow lichen-eating cave dwellers!

I apologize profusely for the delay in tallying the results. I was kidnapped by an Englishman and taken to the past in his time machine carriage to open wax and foil packs in order to find something called a "rookie card". I dunno. Feels like a jock thing to me. (shrug)

On to the winners!

In the PUBLISHED category, we have a tie! In no particular order...

@Carlo M soars to the top with his Lashley Uncanny X-Men page --

while @hmendryk buries the hatchet with his Glenn Fabry Bait cover --

In the UNPUBLISHED category, @Brian Peck goes ride or die with his Carlos Dearmas Ghost Rider!

In our recurring TASTE MAKER category, @hmendryk clinches the win with their discerning eyeball palate. They bought the most best cheap stuff this year. Huzzah!

And in the I JUST COULDN'T HOLD IT category (sponsored this year by Donnie Cates), @Benedict Judas Hel wins with his OHOTMU JRJR and JR urinating Mr. Hyde pinup. Congratulations! This pretty much sums up what COVID, crypto, and card collectors have done to comic art prices lately.

That's it for another year in darkness, fellow Morlocks. Participation was down this year.. I guess everyone effed off to FB and Instagram. So put out the call for next year's MORLEYS! Now back to your mines!

Mephisto thanks all who voted for him.

On 1/14/2022 at 4:29 PM, BCarter27 said:

On to the winners!

And in the I JUST COULDN'T HOLD IT category (sponsored this year by Donnie Cates), @Benedict Judas Hel wins with his OHOTMU JRJR and JR urinating Mr. Hyde pinup. Congratulations! This pretty much sums up what COVID, crypto, and card collectors have done to comic art prices lately.

image.gif

On 1/16/2022 at 3:31 AM, Carlo M said:

And for my page  I paid a whopping 0.02 % of the Secret Wars page !!! Jokes aside , this is a great opportunity to be reminded that you can get great looking art without mortgaging your home!  By all means let’s keep it up! 

The Mephisto Ghost Rider commission was a great deal. Everyone should commission Carlos. He is fantastic and easy to work with