• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

More Pages! More Stories! More Fear! Creepy 1-133
5 5

236 posts in this topic

An original-owner collection. I'll post Creepy #131-133 now, then return at 7 am PST Sunday to get the thread moving.

The usual house rules. No HOS or probes need apply. First “I’ll Take It” wins in the thread. Returns accepted within 7 days, though, yes, you need step up with postage. Shipping: My USPS branch doesn't allow media rate on magazines, so let's say $20 for priority shipping and I'll pay the excess (quite the deal for the buyer on the larger orders). I'll negotiate exact postage on Canadian and foreign sales. Payment via PayPal, check or money order. PM if you need more photos. I’m xelagallery and xelagallerycomics on IG. Kudos on request.

As I said when I listed the Eeries in October, the condition of most of these Warrens is extraordinary. Vibrant colors. Stress-free spines. OW/White to COW pages. There are several fallow periods in the run, when the collector's usual source for the comics wasn't available, but most of these magazines are unique. They never spent the weekend on a convention floor or five years in the Warren warehouse. Since the day the Creepys were purchased, between 1965 and 1983, they’ve been parked at either the original owner’s home or mine. Some are immaculate. Others have production flaws I’ll describe. Given the array of artists between the covers, I had no interest in slabbing them.

This Creepy run bridges a formidable era in comic collecting history. I have the last dozen issues in the run, but because they're on tour with the Vampirellas at the moment, l'll kick this off with #133.

Creepy 132. 9.2 NM- (or better) OW/COW pages. Richard Corben cover. Memorable colors and gloss. The same faint storage flutter at the right edge of the front cover. Minute wear top right front cover. $70 GONE

IMG_2370.jpeg

IMG_2371.jpeg

Edited by SteveDuin

Creepy 122. 8.0 VF OW. Lee Katz cover. Bright colors, but issues with a staple indentation - the impression causes by the staples of another book in the stacking process - and blunted corner and light wear at the top right corner of the front cover. $10

IMG_2335.jpeg

IMG_2336.jpeg

On 1/2/2022 at 10:44 AM, SteveDuin said:

Creepy 118. 9.0 VF/NM OW. Spectacular Enrich Torres cover. Light staple indentations, minute flaws. A 9.4 but for that blemish/discoloration at mid-spine off the front cover. $30

IMG_2321.jpeg

IMG_2322.jpeg

Take

On 1/2/2022 at 10:56 AM, SteveDuin said:

Creepy 117. 9.0 VF/NM OW. Ken Kelly cover, Bright, rich colors. Minute flaws right cover edge. Light rubbing right back cover. Light flutter lower left corner front cover. $25

IMG_2318.jpeg

IMG_2319.jpeg

Take