• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE MARVELS starring Brie Larson, Iman Vellani and Teyonna Parris (2023)
9 9

3,126 posts in this topic

On 2/23/2023 at 11:37 AM, media_junkie said:

No, he wasn't in every movie, however over the course of the "ten year plan" for the Infinity Saga he got top billing in 8 of them, Iron Man, IM2, IM3, Avengers, Avengers 2, Avengers 3, Avengers 4, Captain America 3 (and those 8 pretty much encompass the infinity stone saga).  So again, if Captain Marvel is the "Forefront" of the MCU where the heck has she been?

First, I’m not really trying to compare RDJ’s Tony Stark to Brie Larson’s Carol Danvers. I only brought him up because you did. I realize RDJ is the Mac daddy George Washington of the MCU and can’t ever really be replaced and that the MCU’s new leaders can only hope to hold their own in the future.

From the current storylines of Phase Four, it seems there is no stable leadership in the MCU as the universe recovers in the aftermath of the Snap and that the world of the MCU is in a strange in-between transition period. Sam Wilson is just getting used to wielding the shield and Carol is off world. As the new Avengers level threat makes itself known, the MCU’s leaders will rise because the story demands it. 

You ask that if Carol is to be at the forefront, then where has she been in Phase Four? I’m saying that as stories and character arcs,  like Loki Wanda and Sam Wilson,  left over from Phase Three got resolved and a new world order established, the one character whose influence kept popping up in different pockets of the MCU was Carol Danvers: the rise of Carol’s niece Monica Rambeau, Carol’s connection to SWORD, the introduction of Kamala Khan as a Danvers super-fan, Captain Marvel’s multiverse roles in What If? and Doctor Strange 2, the consulting scene from Shang Chi. These subtly point to Carol Danvers having a future as a larger influence on the MCU’s narrative as the MCU moves from the scattered in-between time of Phase Four towards the telling  of the the next big super  narrative. So far, only Doctor Strange comes close in seeming to have an influence in so many different parts of the MCU in Phase Four.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

On 2/23/2023 at 1:35 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

First, I’m not really trying to compare RDJ’s Tony Stark to Brie Larson’s Carol Danvers. I only brought him up because you did. I realize RDJ is the Mac daddy George Washington of the MCU and can’t ever really be replaced and that the MCU’s new leaders can only hope to hold their own in the future.

From the current storylines of Phase Four, it seems to me there is no stable leadership in the MCU as the universe recovers in the aftermath of the Snap. It seems to be strange in-between period. Sam Wilson is just getting used to wielding the shield and Carol is off world. As the new Avengers level threat makes itself known, the MCU’s leaders will rise because the story demands it. 

You ask that if Carol is to be at the forefront, then where has she been? I’m saying that as stories and character arcs  like Loki’s, Wanda’s, and Sam Wilson’s that were  left over from Phase Three get resolved, the one character whose influence in different MCU pockets that keeps popping up is Carol Danvers’: The rise of Carol’s niece Monica Rambeau, Carol’s connection to SWORD, the introduction of Kamala Khan as a Danvers superfan, Captain Marvel’s multiverse roles in What If? and Doctor Strange 2, the consulting scene from Shang Chi, all subtly point to Carol Danvers having a future as a larger influence on the MCU’s narrative as the MCU moves from the scattered in-between time of Phase Four towards the telling  of the the next big super  narrative.

And Disney management is showing so much comfidence I where the MCU is heading right now? They have only reduce the 5 shows announced for 2023, 7 months ago to two, they have pushes back multiple films, including the Marvels.  Iger has stated they are now going for quality over quantity,  and the MCU is as close to puased as possible given how many projects are in various stages.  

All this means, they are completely reassessing phase 5 and phase 6.  Multiple outlets and sources have admitted that phase 4 did not work, and was a narrative, rudderless mess. So anything you think you know about where things were going is going to change.  They have already said Bucky is the head of the Thunderbolts now, where people assumed it was Yelana. They have not started filming Brave New World and that comes out in 14 or 15 months?  Echo and Ironheart are on indefinite hold. Agatha was supposed to be out this year, and has not started filming, nor has the --script been finalized. Blade comes out next year, and again has not started filming yet? This means to me they are looking at everything, and massive rewrites are likely in the works. Also, more delays are coming.  So, I agree they had wanted to set up Captian Marvel as the new central character.  I firmly think that has been changed.  Remember Brie Larson has even said she is not sure what the plans are for Captian Marvel, and exactly where she is in her contract have been questioned.

Edited by drotto

On 2/23/2023 at 1:52 PM, drotto said:
Spoiler

And Disney management is showing so much comfidence I where the MCU is heading right now? They have only reduce the 5 shows announced for 2023, 7 months ago to two, they have pushes back multiple films, including the Marvels.  Iger has stated they are now going for quality over quantity,  and the MCU is as close to puased as possible given how many projects are in various stages.  

All this means, they are completely reassessing phase 5 and phase 6.  Multiple outlets and sources have admitted that phase 4 did not work, and was a narrative, rudderless mess. So anything you think you know about where things were going is going to change.  They have already said Bucky is the head of the Thunderbolts now, where people assumed it was Yelana. They have not started filming Brave New World and that comes out in 14 or 15 months?  Echo and Ironheart are on indefinite hold. Agatha was supposed to be out this year, and has not started filming, nor has the --script been finalized. Blade comes out next year, and again has not started filming yet? This means to me they are looking at everything, and massive rewrites are likely in the works. Also, more delays are coming.  So, I agree they had wanted to set up Captian Marvel as the new central character.  I firmly think that has been changed. 

Remember Brie Larson has even said she is not sure what the plans are for Captian Marvel, and exactly where she is in her co tract have been questioned.

Wait for it...

"You're just anti-woke and we will find you and dye your hair purple too. This I swear on my Captain Marvel bracelets!"

:Rocket:

On 2/23/2023 at 2:33 PM, drotto said:

Sorry your right, New World Order, which is a terrible name given historical context also.

How do you know if it's a terrible name yet?  We don't yet know the context in which it will be used in the film.  Most likely, the "new world order" will be a bad thing that Cap has to stop, no?

On 2/23/2023 at 6:01 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

How do you know if it's a terrible name yet?  We don't yet know the context in which it will be used in the film.  Most likely, the "new world order" will be a bad thing that Cap has to stop, no?

Had this taken place in the 90's, Captain Falcon wouldn't have stood a chance.

nwo.jpg

On 2/23/2023 at 11:52 AM, drotto said:

All this means, they are completely reassessing phase 5 and phase 6.  Multiple outlets and sources have admitted that phase 4 did not work, and was a narrative, rudderless mess. So anything you think you know about where things were going is going to change.  They have already said Bucky is the head of the Thunderbolts now, where people assumed it was Yelana. They have not started filming Brave New World and that comes out in 14 or 15 months?  Echo and Ironheart are on indefinite hold. Agatha was supposed to be out this year, and has not started filming, nor has the -------script been finalized. Blade comes out next year, and again has not started filming yet? This means to me they are looking at everything, and massive rewrites are likely in the works. Also, more delays are coming.  So, I agree they had wanted to set up Captian Marvel as the new central character.  I firmly think that has been changed.  Remember Brie Larson has even said she is not sure what the plans are for Captian Marvel, and exactly where she is in her contract have been questioned.

They desperately need to focus on quality over quantity and if Iger thought Antman 3 was quality :facepalm:

And GoTG 3 isn't going to be quality either. Just look at the movie poster: the characters barely resemble themselves and appear androgynous. 

And be honest, are any of you actually excited for The Marvels?

Here is the supposed upcoming lineup, and I am not excited for any of it now:

• Secret Invasion (Spring 2023, Disney Plus)
  • Guardians of the Galaxy 3 (May 5, 2023, movie)
  • Echo (Summer 2023, Disney Plus)
  • Loki season 2 (Summer 2023, Disney Plus)
  • The Marvels (July 28, 2023, movie)
  • Ironheart (Fall 2023, Disney Plus)

guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-three-newbutton-1676306275720.jpg

Nebula Screenshot 2023-02-23 191226.jpg

Edited by Artboy99

On 2/23/2023 at 9:40 PM, Artboy99 said:

They desperately need to focus on quality over quantity and if Iger thought Antman 3 was quality :facepalm:

And GoTG 3 isn't going to be quality either. Just look at the movie poster: the characters barely resemble themselves and appear androgynous. 

Echo and Ironheart have been delayed to 2024 at least. That leaves only Secret Invasion and Loki2 as the only Disney+ series locked in for 2023. Im sure they’re a casualty of the new quality over quantity mantra.

Quantumania was most likely locked and in the can, post production wise, by the time Bob Iger returned as CEO. Some of the Guardians actors said they cried after reading the GOTG 3 -script. Im sure it will be as good as anything Gunn puts out. The Marvels is probably the first MCU movie affected by the new “quality not quantity” philosophy as we’re told the three months delay is to give more time for the VFX artistes.

On 2/23/2023 at 9:40 PM, Artboy99 said:

lollollol

On 2/23/2023 at 11:40 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

Echo and Ironheart have been delayed to 2024 at least. That leaves only Secret Invasion and Loki2 as the only Disney+ series locked in for 2023. Im sure they’re a casualty of the new quality over quantity mantra.

Quantumania was most likely locked and in the can, post production wise, by the time Bob Iger returned as CEO. Some of the Guardians actors said they cried after reading the GOTG 3 --script. Im sure it will be as good as anything Gunn puts out. The Marvels is probably the first MCU movie affected by the new “quality not quantity” philosophy as we’re told the three months delay is to give more time for the VFX artistes.

Some rumors now Agatha is at minimum being rewritten,  and may be abandoned completely. 

On 2/24/2023 at 11:01 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

Carol Danvers put Thanos vers. 616 in a killer choke hold and Thor lopped his head off with Stormbreaker. Teamwork makes the dream work.

I hope you're right.