• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE MARVELS starring Brie Larson, Iman Vellani and Teyonna Parris (2023)
9 9

3,126 posts in this topic

On 2/24/2023 at 11:10 AM, godzilla43 said:

Yeah maybe they are showing this at old folks home. I can't think of anyone else who would want to see this.

I want to see this. Badly. So make that old folks home+1. If you count the other folks I’ll be dragging into the theater with me that weekend, make that a party of five.

On 2/24/2023 at 11:15 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

I want to see this. Badly. So make that old folks home+1. If you count the other folks I’ll be dragging into the theater with me that weekend, make that a party of five.

And there is the root of the problem, you just admitted you had to drag people to go see "The Marvels", so who is this movie for?  Obviously Disney/Marvel die-hards like you that will take anything they put out, but other than that?

On 2/24/2023 at 9:10 AM, godzilla43 said:

Yeah maybe they are showing this at old folks home. I can't think of anyone else who would want to see this.

I'll see it for Brie Larsen's Captain Marvel. Of course, I haven't been to a theater since Endgame - so I'll be waiting for it to stream, where I am free to turn it off at any point when it sucks too bad.

On Feige's latest EW interview about The Marvels he was all about talking up Khan, "she essentially steals the show" "the great thing about Kamala in her show, and now this movie". Not one shout out to THE STAR from the boss. 

No doubt THE STAR, in a stirring example of noblesse oblige and modern day modesty, urged Feige to spotlight her 20 yr old co-star and hold back the effusive praise which of course is her due.

On a related side note - how about that Hellman's Mayo commercial she did? Awesome, no? And relevant!

On 2/24/2023 at 1:41 PM, media_junkie said:

And there is the root of the problem, you just admitted you had to drag people to go see "The Marvels", so who is this movie for?  Obviously Disney/Marvel die-hards like you that will take anything they put out, but other than that?

Well dragging my people into a movie theater is kinda my fact of life for any superhero comic book movie as I’m the only real comic book fanatic in my standard American household. Martin Scorsese got to them.

On 2/25/2023 at 7:58 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

A powerful metaphor for the emergence of the MCU’s new leader and starchild, Captain Marvel. 

Stay classy, America.

On 2/25/2023 at 8:02 AM, media_junkie said:

Wait, you do know female anatomy right?  If you are saying that is a metaphor I don't think it would be taken in the context you are thinking.

Plop.

On 2/25/2023 at 10:02 AM, media_junkie said:

Wait, you do know female anatomy right?  If you are saying that is a metaphor I don't think it would be taken in the context you are thinking.

It seems to me that Photon is more in the area of the pubic bone whereas Captain Marvel is closer to the labium or birth canal on a standard female human. Of course, it seems to be a rough middle school bathroom stall depiction of a gynecologist’s point of view and not really anatomically correct to begin with, so I guess you can see it how you want to see it. 

On 2/25/2023 at 9:47 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

Well dragging my people into a movie theater is kinda my fact of life for any superhero comic book movie as I’m the only real comic book fanatic in my standard American household. Martin Scorsese got to them.

And that is one of the MCU's biggest current problems.  Leading up to Endgame, these movies were a cultural phenomenon.  It appealed ro the hard core fan and the casual audiences.  It became a shared cultural experience.   Now the hard core fans show up the first weekend, the general audience no longer cares, and you get the massive second weekend drops. For the MCU to remain a force, you need to get that casual fan back, right now you have list them.

On 2/25/2023 at 6:47 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

So they aren’t all mindless shills:idea:

On 2/25/2023 at 12:39 PM, paperheart said:

So they aren’t all mindless shills:idea:

Well, we’re all members of a website forum of a company dedicated to putting stupid comic books in permanent plastic casings. Aren’t we all mindless comic book shills here? I don’t think anybody is here on accident.

On 2/25/2023 at 8:02 AM, media_junkie said:

On 2/25/2023 at 8:36 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

It seems to me that Photon is more in the area of the pubic bone whereas Captain Marvel is closer to the labium or birth canal on a standard female human. Of course, it seems to be a rough middle school bathroom stall depiction of a gynecologist’s point of view and not really anatomically correct to begin with, so I guess you can see it how you want to see it. 

This is the answer I needed to see to start my day.

On 2/25/2023 at 12:50 PM, Dr. Balls said:

Wow, ummm, yeah.  This is possibly the strangest turn I have ever seen in a thread here.  Plus based on anatomy Photon is or is in the birth canal, CM is or is in the posterior hole, and Ms Marvel has already been passed through the CM opening.

On 2/25/2023 at 12:50 PM, Dr. Balls said:

On 2/25/2023 at 1:01 PM, drotto said:

Wow, ummm, yeah.  This is possibly the strangest turn I have ever seen in a thread here.  Plus based on anatomy Photon is or is in the birth canal, CM is or is in the posterior hole, and Ms Marvel has already been passed through the CM opening.

And early on I thought maybe I was assuming he is overly fanatical.

Glad it isn't just me.

On 2/25/2023 at 1:01 PM, drotto said:

I think you need to seek a second opinion on that. 

On 2/25/2023 at 10:01 AM, drotto said:

it's all an intended distraction from the critical and commercial flop of A-M3