• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE MARVELS starring Brie Larson, Iman Vellani and Teyonna Parris (2023)
9 9

3,126 posts in this topic

On 3/11/2023 at 4:34 AM, Bosco685 said:

Fq3vMYuWwAAHcoy.thumb.jpeg.c624070c7900f54a01e47e0fb99cfb47.jpeg

Same reports is claiming Brie and Parris are not getting along and it is causing a lot of tension on set. It's diva drama for the Marvels.  The exact wording is that the production is a s#$t show.

Same report again, that Brie is unhappy with the CGI on the film. This part I find 100% believable. 

Edited by drotto

On 3/11/2023 at 9:53 AM, godzilla43 said:

Well how about all the Marvel movie fans? How about us we are really upset Marvel is putting out this turd.

It isn't even out yet, nor have you seen any footage. This is just childish

On 3/11/2023 at 7:44 AM, drotto said:

Same reports is claiming Brie and Parris are not getting along and it is causing a lot of tension on set. It's diva drama for the Marvels.  The exact wording is that the production is a s#$t show.

Okay, I've actually never heard of John Schneider (the scooper) before, but whatever. Mighty Captain Marvel sense is tingling here.

The Marvels wrapped principal shooting more than a year ago, and NOW we get something about on-set drama? And part of the alleged on-set drama is because Brie is upset about the movie's title? What, before each scene would she announce that she's mad the movie isn't called Captain Marvel Number Two to the crew? How is anybody a nightmare on set? You mean like Christian Bale yelling at a lighting guy for messing up his take and calling crew members unprofessional nightmare? Did she yell at Teyonna Parris telling her to sit down and that she used to change her diapers as a baby and did Teyonna yell back "you deserted us!" before they started shooting imaginary photon blasts at each other? Brie Larson has zero history of being difficult on-set and now this Schneider guy heard a rumor that she's being difficult on set more than a YEAR after principal shooting has wrapped? 

Yes, I know I'm Captain Marvel superfan around here, but this gossip story just doesn't make sense to me. 

In response to the John Schneider The Marvels rumor, insider KC Walsh, who has a history of reliable scoops, said this weekend:

"Again I’ve heard nothing negative around this production, the movie has gotten more positive praise from test than other MCU films this year... Not even sure where that came from or why, everything I’ve heard about 'The Marvels' has been very positive and glowing, including producing”

(shrug)

On 3/12/2023 at 5:57 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

In response to the John Schneider The Marvels rumor, insider KC Walsh, who has a history of reliable scoops,

Spoiler

said this weekend:

"Again I’ve heard nothing negative around this production, the movie has gotten more positive praise from test than other MCU films this year... Not even sure where that came from or why, everything I’ve heard about 'The Marvels' has been very positive and glowing, including producing”

(shrug)

KC Walsh as a reliable Marvel scooper?

126071039_Screenshot_20230312-1808372.thumb.png.77ef84eb22dd6fc445c9f79499ad4afa.png

706000907_Screenshot_20230312-1809392.thumb.png.5d7fbcbf01d093caae814310b8dd39aa.png

How was Red Hulk in She-Hulk, Young Avengers in Ant-Man 3 and World War Hulk kicking off production in 2022?

On 3/12/2023 at 6:13 PM, Bosco685 said:

KC Walsh as a reliable Marvel scooper?

126071039_Screenshot_20230312-1808372.thumb.png.77ef84eb22dd6fc445c9f79499ad4afa.png

706000907_Screenshot_20230312-1809392.thumb.png.5d7fbcbf01d093caae814310b8dd39aa.png

How was Red Hulk in She-Hulk, Young Avengers in Ant-Man 3 and World War Hulk kicking off production in 2022?

Well, a Young Avenger ( as in singular) did appear in Ant-Man 3 in the person of Cassie Lang's debut as a superhero. You left these out from the Reddit list...

1. High Evolutionary is the main villain of GotG Vol. 3 (Dec 6, 2021)

2. Daredevil will appear in his yellow costume in She-Hulk (Dec 6, 2021)

3. She-Hulk will be a straight comedy, with similarly fast-paced jokes as Deadpool (though not R-rated). She-Hulk will directly address Kevin Feige in the show (Dec 7, 2021)

4. Corey Stoll is playing MODOK in Quantumania (Dec 8, 2021)

All turned out to be true. You don't just guess that She-Hulk will address Kevin Feige in the show and that Darren Cross will be MODOK. Those are legit scoops.

KC Walsh also nailed Doc Ock and Andrew Garfield in Spider-Man 3 and that Bruce Banner would go off-world in the She-Hulk series. Sure, he gets some wrong, but he has a history of scoops that turn out to be true. I believe it was Walsh who scooped that Aquaman 2 test screenings went horrible including people walking out.

On 3/12/2023 at 6:50 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

Well, a Young Avenger ( as in singular) did appear in Ant-Man 3 in the person of Cassie Lang's debut as a superhero. You left these out from the Reddit list...

1. High Evolutionary is the main villain of GotG Vol. 3 (Dec 6, 2021)

2. Daredevil will appear in his yellow costume in She-Hulk (Dec 6, 2021)

3. She-Hulk will be a straight comedy, with similarly fast-paced jokes as Deadpool (though not R-rated). She-Hulk will directly address Kevin Feige in the show (Dec 7, 2021)

4. Corey Stoll is playing MODOK in Quantumania (Dec 8, 2021)

All turned out to be true. You don't just guess that She-Hulk will address Kevin Feige in the show and that Darren Cross will be MODOK. Those are legit scoops.

KC Walsh also nailed Doc Ock and Andrew Garfield in Spider-Man 3 and that Bruce Banner would go off-world in the She-Hulk series. Sure, he gets some wrong, but he has a history of scoops that turn out to be true. I believe it was Walsh who scooped that Aquaman 2 test screenings went horrible including people walking out.

Wrong. It was ViewAnon (the social media account you questioned previously).

So rights and wrongs equally. Got it! :golfclap:

On 3/12/2023 at 6:50 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

:facepalm:

And this is how some 'scoopers' get tagged as cinema prognosticators. As long as they nail a few things people like, then everything they call out is right. Including twisting an entire team appearing with, "Well there was one. So there!"

:tonofbricks:

On 3/12/2023 at 7:27 PM, Bosco685 said:

And this is how some 'scoopers' get tagged as cinema prognosticators. As long as they nail a few things people like, then everything they call out is right. Including twisting an entire team appearing with, "Well there was one. So there!"

Pssst.  I have seen reports from multiple sources says, there are reshoots happening, again.  Yes, principle photography end about 1 year ago, reshoots and pickups are not considered principle photography. 

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.   

Getting story scoops when an ever-changing MCU project is barely in pre-production is one thing, getting scoops for a MCU project that's deep in post and has already had test screenings is another. I trust KC Walsh over this Sneider guy any day of the week. I'm going with The Marvels is humming along and has been delayed to make the VFX better and thus the movie better.