• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE MARVELS starring Brie Larson, Iman Vellani and Teyonna Parris (2023)
9 9

3,126 posts in this topic

On 3/12/2023 at 7:50 PM, drotto said:

Pssst.  I have seen reports from multiple sources says, there are reshoots happening, again.  Yes, principle photography end about 1 year ago, reshoots and pickups are not considered principle photography. 

This movie is going to look ridiculous at times with 1-year gaps between filming some shots. Like, Justice League ridiculous.

On 3/12/2023 at 8:30 PM, bentbryan said:

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.   

Yep, it's pure luck that the broken clock blindly guessed that She-Hulk actually meets Kevin Feige in the show and that Darren Cross is MODOK. Just throw stuff out there, roll the dice, some of it's bound to be right. Yep, that's how it works.

I don't find it hard to believe that Brie Larson is bit diva and hard to work with but I dunno if there is drama between those actresses about screen time/number of lines etc. I don't think any actor/actresses think some comic book role is their role of lifetime more like they are slumming in the set so if those checks come it is all goooood.

On 3/13/2023 at 9:33 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

Yep, it's pure luck that the broken clock blindly guessed that She-Hulk actually meets Kevin Feige in the show and that Darren Cross is MODOK. Just throw stuff out there, roll the dice, some of it's bound to be right. Yep, that's how it works.

And another person. I am sure you do not like, basically had the entire plot, and acurately described scenes from Star Wars: The rise of Skywalker correct.  So many leaks from both Disney friendly and Disney adverse people have been correct in the past. The lesson is only time will tell which set of rumors are correct.  You, given your known slant, will of course favor the pro MCU ones.

Plus, are you really saying getting the She-Hulk end right was an accomplishment?  Think that caused even more people not to watch the show.

I know nothing.  But saying something "sounds fun as hell" to you (after hearing the plot) is not at all the same thing as saying you've heard that a film is testing well.  

The one thing is just your opinion, whereas the other thing is something that is either true or not.  

If you don't believe that a lot of dudes out there got it out for Brie Larson, you aren't paying attention.  

On 3/14/2023 at 6:12 AM, Bosco685 said:

FrBzynwWYAkYBYr.thumb.jpeg.b24059964cc248908f316e3560cbbae3.jpeg

:shiftyeyes:

KC Walsh merely confirmed that his Quantumania plot scoop was accurate (because he’s a reliable scooper), and only said the movie SOUNDS fun. Sounds like Regular Cinema Guy doesn’t get syntax.

But ya know Quantumania was fun. Just because a bunch of critics didn’t like it and didn’t bring in the usual big movie crowd doesn’t mean a movie wasn’t fun. The movie still had generally positive audience reactions. Heck, do a head count over in the Quantumania thread and I bet the amount of posters who enjoyed the movie will be a strong majority. According to KC Walsh, the movie sounded fun, and it was fun. 

On 3/14/2023 at 10:30 AM, Axelrod said:

I know nothing.  But saying something "sounds fun as hell" to you (after hearing the plot) is not at all the same thing as saying you've heard that a film is testing well.  

The one thing is just your opinion, whereas the other thing is something that is either true or not.  

If you don't believe that a lot of dudes out there got it out for Brie Larson, you aren't paying attention.  

Yeah, "hearing a plot" and watching a movie are very different things. It's akin to how some writing can read great on-paper, but you can easily execute the scene wrong on tape.

On 3/14/2023 at 5:40 AM, Larryw7 said:

They're changing the title to THE MARBLES. You lose them as the film slowly unspools.

Well that was Marvel’s lampoon name for itself 50 years ago in Not Brand Echh! Ya should finish the job and call Carol Danvers “Clairol Dandruff.”

7DCB108C-0176-4C4D-9C3A-9B7DD59DEB4A.thumb.jpeg.7b5797c0a3c8b4b1a143fb84affa49c8.jpeg

Edited by @therealsilvermane

On 3/14/2023 at 11:05 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

The movie still had generally positive audience reactions.

No.

A "B" CinemaScore indicates that the audience hated it - best spin that could be put on such a score is mediocrity.

Puts it in the same category as:

• Elektra
  • Green Lantern
  • Justice League
  • Catwoman
  • Eternals 

On 3/14/2023 at 11:05 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

KC Walsh merely confirmed that his Quantumania plot scoop was accurate (because he’s a reliable scooper), and only said the movie SOUNDS fun. Sounds like Regular Cinema Guy doesn’t get syntax.

But ya know Quantumania was fun. Just because a bunch of critics didn’t like it and didn’t bring in the usual big movie crowd doesn’t mean a movie wasn’t fun. The movie still had generally positive audience reactions. Heck, do a head count over in the Quantumania thread and I bet the amount of posters who enjoyed the movie will be a strong majority. According to KC Walsh, the movie sounded fun, and it was fun. 

I'm sure you convince yourself of these beliefs. But like Gatsby noted, even the Cinemascore says otherwise.

FrB0AMLWcAQX0O9.thumb.jpeg.e4e4f4452620228d98e88c73cbd37f5d.jpeg

Go ahead. Now proclaim it was tampered with by wandering Skrulls that dislike Scott Lang.

:nyah:

Also, if the audience who *did* go to see it liked it, positive word-of-mouth would have helped prevent the steep attendance drop-off we've seen.

By next weekend, Quantumania will be merely limping along (*maybe* $4 million) and nearing the end of its theatrical run.

On 3/14/2023 at 8:27 AM, Gatsby77 said:

No.

A "B" CinemaScore indicates that the audience hated it - best spin that could be put on such a score is mediocrity.

• Elektra
  • Green Lantern
  • Justice League
  • Catwoman
  • Eternals 

B CinemaScore = D+ in the real world and the barely 2x multiple of first weekend box office is atrocious, nearly Morbius bad and worst of all MCU entries

Edited by paperheart

On 3/14/2023 at 11:27 AM, Gatsby77 said:

• Elektra
  • Green Lantern
  • Justice League
  • Catwoman
  • Eternals 

According to Cinemascore, Quantumania did better than Cocaine Bear (B-) and the same as M3GAN (B), both generally considered fun movies and minor hits. QM's Cinemascore was almost as good as Black Adam's B+, which I believe a lot of forum members here said was also fun.

I just did an unofficial head count of CGC forum reaction posts over in the Quantumania thread. These included people the poster said saw the movie with them and their reactions, and my math might be off by 1 or 2. 11 people did not like it. 4 people were "meh" about it. 29 people liked it or at least had a good time with it. That's a majority of people here (with family and friends) who viewed the movie as fun.

That's pretty much been what I've seen on social media, Facebook groups, etc. The RT audience score is at 83%. The IMDB user rating is at 6.5/10. More of the audience who saw the movie liked it rather than disliked it.

Edited by @therealsilvermane