• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE MARVELS starring Brie Larson, Iman Vellani and Teyonna Parris (2023)
9 9

3,126 posts in this topic

On 11/14/2023 at 11:39 AM, jsilverjanet said:

for all the talk here, I'm curious how many actually go to the movies regularly

or is this how everyone hates modern comics but hasn't purchased a comic in over 20 years?

I've seen 8 movies in the theater this year

ant man

gotg3

fast x

across the spider-verse

the flash

insidious the red door

mission impossible

barbie

of all those, the only one i didn't enjoy was ant man and insidious (wife wanted to see that one)

On 11/14/2023 at 4:40 PM, VintageComics said:

I for one can say I'm happy that you're back to your normal function as the village clown (and that's a compliment).

Genuinely. You're so much funnier when you're being yourself. (worship)

better to make people laugh than to be laughed at (shrug)

On 11/14/2023 at 4:32 PM, Bosco685 said:

I have a feeling Chapek wanted Star Wars and Marvel content to flood the market, assuming moviegoers and streaming subscribers wanting all this coming at them hot and heavy. Never taking into consideration over-saturation to the point it impacted production quality and consumer interest.

But Iger doesn't get off the hook. As his $71.3 Billion purchase of Fox Studios to fill the Disney+ pipes assumed massive revenue from subscribers. Not accounting for how much that expense would drag on as operational expenses for years.

I would love to know how many Star Wars and Marvel Movies/Shows Chapek gave the greenlite to, I'll bet it isn't near what you think.  I'm leaning towards most of the movies/shows that came out while Chapek was in were greenlite by Iger.

On 11/14/2023 at 5:42 PM, jsilverjanet said:

better to make people laugh than to be laughed at (shrug)

That depends on who's laughing. I'd be much more worried if my mom laughed at me than the village clown. lol

On 11/14/2023 at 5:43 PM, media_junkie said:

I would love to know how many Star Wars and Marvel Movies/Shows Chapek gave the greenlite to, I'll bet it isn't near what you think.  I'm leaning towards most of the movies/shows that came out while Chapek was in were greenlite by Iger.

You could be right since it took so long to make all this due to COVID dragging out all that production. Including all the VFX providers being overwhelmed by all the studios wanting to get things back on track.

On 11/14/2023 at 5:43 PM, jsilverjanet said:

George Carlin or is that the Canadian way of spelling it

Spellcheck in Canada. Carlin has been cancelled up here. :eek:

On 11/14/2023 at 4:02 PM, VintageComics said:

Less is DEFINITELY more in this case. 

I've been saying that for years. Just pull your foot back off the gas a hair and shoot forward a mile. It's like that in racing when you do it right. :luhv:

In racing, when you're tucked in behind a competitor and get in under their airstream you actually have to back off on the gas a bit because the car in front of you is pulling you along in their wake. That leaves LOTS of extra throttle to overtake at the right time. 

If you're full throttle all the time, you'll just run out of fuel and not even finish, so smart long distance drivers use the fuel of the car ahead of them as often as possible and when the time is right, the "drop the hammer."

No. 

Can you please confirm where on this graph below you fall? Asking for a friend. lol

Let me add that it's the same in my world: with 3 daughters, a step daughter and two ex-wives and 'only' two boys (and myself) I was personally responsible for dragging 6 women to the theaters and 2 men. And those women went to many moves they likely wouldn't have gone to the theaters to see without me. 

But the boys would DEFINITELY go alone without me. 

You can't change nature. 

@jaybuck43

Let's do a deep dive. You're the pro and are way better at searching info in your field than I am.

How many men have taken their wives and daughters to the MCU movies?

How many daughters and wives have taken their husbands to MCU movies?

Two very poignant, simple and yet revealing and important questions to the discussion that will help us understand this graph better. 

:popcorn:

image.thumb.png.afdda0d9f969e449a236da9a0661d676.png

They went to see Infinity War, Endgame, No Way Home..............and then Love and Thunder put an end to all of it.

On 11/14/2023 at 5:46 PM, WeR138 said:

They went to see Infinity War, Endgame, No Way Home..............and then Love and Thunder put an end to all of it.

I refuse to watch that Asgard sized turd even though Thor was by far my favorite run of the last 20 years to collect. 

On 11/14/2023 at 4:48 PM, Bosco685 said:

:roflmao:

image.png.cef4b63f682a4e1e897c0577633884bd.png

I picked this up at a flea market recently brand new for $1. Don't get me started.

:baiting:

sometime in the near future, superhero movies will be bundled in a similar way

I predict it

:preach:

On 11/14/2023 at 5:52 PM, jsilverjanet said:

the budget is the problem (in Disney's eyes)

Too much corporate involvement (ie BLOATING).

See my posts about Blumhouse, who is innovating how movies are made (and the costs involved)

On 11/14/2023 at 5:45 PM, VintageComics said:

That depends on who's laughing. I'd be much more worried if my mom laughed at me than the village clown. lol

So you finally understand why I do not care when you tell me that you have lost respect for, or are disappointed in me. 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 11/14/2023 at 5:37 PM, jsilverjanet said:

not sure if you got the memo but I was told the tide had turned, and opposition had been destroyed. you are wasting your time, two people seem to have figured out the problems with the MCU and are now going to cure cancer (Hustruck) and build a 40 foot fire pit (copperagekids) to celebrate

you're welcome @Buzzetta

(worship)