• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE MARVELS starring Brie Larson, Iman Vellani and Teyonna Parris (2023)
9 9

3,126 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

It's gonna be Spider-Man. Their most popular character, and Iron Man's protege. No-brain-er.

Edit: He's also a likeable character. Prerequisite for success.

Tom Holland is cute and charming in a "gee, Mr. Stark" puppy dog kind of way (and sometimes kind of annoying), but he's only going to be leader of his own adventures and be just another guest star in the big event Avengers movies to come, if he even guest stars in them. No way Marvel Studios makes Peter Parker the central figure in the next big Avengers-level cosmic event. Never mind again that Sony still owns Spidey's movie/game rights and could yank him again after the third movie.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

1 minute ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Tom Holland is cute and charming in a "gee, Mr. Stark" puppy dog kind of way (and sometimes kind of annoying), but he's only going to be leader of his own adventures and be just another guest star in the big event Avengers movies to come, if he even guest stars in them. No way Marvel Studios makes Peter Parker the central figure in the next big Avengers-level cosmic event. Never mind again that Sony still owns Spidey's movie/game rights.

That's your opinion and I fully support your ability to be incorrect.

39 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I realize ScreenRant isn't a source of breaking nerd news, but these are lean times, so...

Yeah, the MCU will have a massive pool of characters to use and explore, but there can be only one Avengers leader. And what makes anyone think it won't be Captain Marvel? Of course she's going to lead the new MARVEL universe. You think Moondragon is going to step in and be the Avengers leader? At best Moondragon will be a supporting team member of a new Guardians team. And especially with the current conditions of the world, it's going to be a long long time before the X-Men reappear in the MCU.

Well, definitely not you. :baiting:(:

At this point, I think we are not going to see an Avengers movie for some time. Worst-case, it will be small team-up films (World's Finest types) building up to a Secret Wars or Secret Invasion event film or Disney+ season.

The sky is the limit right now for the MCU with the massive portfolio available to Disney. And with two active mediums (Disney+, theater) that can work hand-in-hand to keep viewers well-fed with content.

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

Well, definitely not you. :baiting:(:

At this point, I think we are not going to see an Avengers movie for some time. Worst-case, it will be small team-up films (World's Finest types) building up to a Secret Wars or Secret Invasion event film or Disney+ season.

The sky is the limit right now for the MCU with the massive portfolio available to Disney. And with two active mediums (Disney+, theater) that can work hand-in-hand to keep viewers well-fed with content.

We will see an Avengers movie in a couple of years, it's going to be Captain Marvel 2.

It's already been leaked or strongly rumored or whatever that a Secret Invasion Disney+ show will lead into Captain Marvel 2. With no stated Secret Invasion series on the schedule for Phase Four, we have to assume that Secret Invasion will be a story line in an already confirmed Disney+ show, and that show has to be Ms. Marvel.

I just asked the Mystic Seer, and have confirmed that the Korvac Saga will be the next Avengers event movie. I think that Carol Danvers will play a significant role in that Saga as she will kind of replace the role that Carina Tivan played from the original story. You heard it here first, folks.

And I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel Studios combines Korvac Saga with another event like Annihilation. If they do a Secret Wars, it will come much further down the timeline and serve to repair the MCU's broken timelines.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

14 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

We will see an Avengers movie in a couple of years, it's going to be Captain Marvel 2.

It's already been leaked or strongly rumored or whatever that a Secret Invasion Disney+ show will lead into Captain Marvel 2. With no stated Secret Invasion series on the schedule for Phase Four, we have to assume that Secret Invasion will be a story line in an already confirmed Disney+ show, and that show has to be Ms. Marvel.

I just asked the Mystic Seer, and have confirmed that the Korvac Saga will be the next Avengers event movie. I think that Carol Danvers will play a significant role in that Saga as she will kind of replace the character Carina Tivan from the original story. You heard it here first, folks.

And I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel Studios combines Korvac Saga with another event like Annihilation. If they do a Secret Wars, it will come much further down the timeline and serve to repair the MCU's broken timelines.

1. :roflmao:

2. Legitimate sources, that aren't pure delusion? "Plot is unknown at this time."

14 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I just asked the Mystic Seer, and have confirmed that the Korvac Saga will be the next Avengers event movie. I think that Carol Danvers will play a significant role in that Saga as she will kind of replace the character Carina Tivan from the original story. You heard it here first, folks.

I know this already about Secret Invasion - I started a thread that you posted in which then later on you started a new thread pretending it was brand new details. :makepoint:

But let's be clear.

On 1/23/2020 at 4:55 PM, Bosco685 said:

We don't have to assume this is Ms. Marvel, like the MCU has limited options to choose from. Though what it could do is a SECRET INVASION CROSS-OVER EVENT like in the comic books. Kind of like the CW's Elseworlds and Crisis event. But on a much grander scale.

3 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Captain Marvel went from not even being an Avenger to somehow having her self-titled movie be an Avengers film real quick. :roflmao:

Hey - didn't you read the news? The MCU is going to mean 'Ms. Carol's Universe' soon.

I fully believe that had Captain Marvel not been released right before Avengers Endgame it would not have done as well as it did.  I think it would have done more on par with Wonder Woman ($800 million global).

Brie is just not a likable actress (IMO).  I certainly hope that Marvel/Disney does not try to make her the "Iron Man" of the next decade of films (the character that holds it all together).  Time will tell.

9 minutes ago, media_junkie said:

I fully believe that had Captain Marvel not been released right before Avengers Endgame it would not have done as well as it did.  I think it would have done more on par with Wonder Woman ($800 million global).

Brie is just not a likable actress (IMO).  I certainly hope that Marvel/Disney does not try to make her the "Iron Man" of the next decade of films (the character that holds it all together).  Time will tell.

Brie Larson is such a likable actress (IMO). See how that works?

Nobody can replace what RDJ did for the MCU. I think going forward it's going to be a true "team effort" from everyone. I think T'Challa will be the main tech support for the Avengers going forward. As for Carol Danvers, I think she will bring what Steve Rogers brought to the team and be its heart. But while Rogers was the "moral" heart, Danvers will be more of an "emotional" heart for the team and it will play out in the Korvac Saga. You heard it here first, folks.

25 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Though what it could do is a SECRET INVASION CROSS-OVER EVENT like in the comic books. Kind of like the CW's Elseworlds and Crisis event. But on a much grander scale.

The MCU doesn't have the luxury of lots of comic book titles to spread an event out. And I just don't think the original Bendis Secret Invasion storyline is potentially cinematic enough to be THE big event. I stated this before in this thread that I think the Secret Invasion will truly be "secret" and be more like the recent mini-series "Meet the Skrulls" and involves scouts like the Warner family. Of course, the MCU has established that Skrulls are good and Kree are bad, so the Invasion may actually be Kree operatives. Of course, a Pakistani-American high school girl gets involved in the mess and gains the powers to morph her body parts to any shape or size.

48 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Captain Marvel went from not even being an Avenger to somehow having her self-titled movie be an Avengers film real quick. :roflmao:

Yes, Captain Marvel, the same hero who inspired Nick fury to call his team "The Avengers" to begin with. The same hero who essentially saved everyone in Endgame by finding Tony Stark in space and preventing Thanos from snapping again. Her sequel is going to be an Avengers movie the way Captain America's sequel was.

1 hour ago, @therealsilvermane said:

56 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Legitimate sources, that aren't pure delusion? "Plot is unknown at this time."

Not delusion. Educated guesswork. The rumor of a Secret Invasion show leading into Captain Marvel came through MCU Cosmic and Daniel Richtman which means there's actual substance to the rumor. It's also been said Ms. Marvel will lead into Captain Marvel. Ms. Marvel has been announced for Phase Four. Secret Invasion has not. Ms. Marvel's ongoing story in the comics now ties into the Kree. Do the math.

8 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Not delusion. Educated guesswork. The rumor of a Secret Invasion show leading into Captain Marvel came through MCU Cosmic and Daniel Richtman which means there's actual substance to the rumor. It's also been said Ms. Marvel will lead into Captain Marvel. Ms. Marvel has been announced for Phase Four. Secret Invasion has not. Ms. Marvel's ongoing story in the comics now ties into the Kree. Do the math.

See, that's where the inconsistency lies. The MCU has never forced itself to honor all the details of the comic book stories and character designs. Which you have even called out before as a positive. Even with Infinity War-Endgame they didn't have Thanos serving Death by honoring her request to kill off half the universe. He did it on his own as a higher calling to preserve a portion of life.

So to now state a character's comic book lore and recent stories conveys something so it must be true - changes up the the thinking here. The MCU is not forced to honor each detail in any comic book. Feige will take a course of action that makes the most sense to his plan.

3 hours ago, media_junkie said:

Brie is just not a likable actress (IMO).

Umm...the masses disagree with you.

She was trending on Twitter this morning for 6+ hours due to the Scott Pilgrim 10th Anniversary table read. Yes - she didn't participate; but the *vast* majority of the posts - at least the ones with traction - were praising both her and her take on Envy Adams.

58 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

She was trending on Twitter this morning for 6+ hours due to the Scott Pilgrim 10th Anniversary table read. Yes - she didn't participate; but the *vast* majority of the posts - at least the ones with traction - were praising both her and her take on Envy Adams.

I enjoy Brie Larson's performance in Scott Pilgrim. What a fantastic film.

Brie Larson was trending for 6+ hours - where was this and when? Other than the Scott Pilgrim chatter that took place today and from time to time someone mentioned Brie Larson, I am not seeing it. I even went back to downtrending topics that sometime during the day had been higher on the list. To include Spider-Man 3.

trending24.JPG.674ea9484c7786bf36c3f02c5a3cd58b.JPG

1 hour ago, Gatsby77 said:

Which is great, and which is why I added the "IMO" qualifier.

4 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

But while Rogers was the "moral" heart, Danvers will be more of an "emotional" heart for the team and it will play out in the Korvac Saga. You heard it here first, folks.

I don't see how you could say she will be the "emotional" heart of the team.  She had the emotional range of a brick in both Captain Marvel and Avengers Endgame.  Just because you can "smirk" doesn't mean you have emotional range.