• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE MARVELS starring Brie Larson, Iman Vellani and Teyonna Parris (2023)
9 9

3,126 posts in this topic

On 11/14/2023 at 10:31 AM, sfcityduck said:

ESG is politics. The Bud commercial is politics. Human nature is politics. Economic theory is politics. Get back to me when you discuss science.

Economics is politics too, but you CAN discuss economics and NOT discuss politics. The Gold is $500 thread is proof. 

You seem to be unable to separate the two like everyone else in this thread and I don't want to go "bye, bye" the way you're about to. lol

On 11/14/2023 at 10:00 AM, VintageComics said:

Why would the two of you conflate everything into the word 'conspiracy' when everything in this discussion on my part has been rooted in fact, science and economics? 

Throwing around words like a dog whistle just to discredit people doesn't work anymore. That ship has sailed and not returning. 

The-Man-Behind-the-Curtain.jpg.2b4546983e5bd1fd28f85c9ffcddd1f1.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who mentioned taking down civilization?

If these corporations take down civilization, who will they sell their products to? ???

I think you're connecting my dots incorrectly so let me spell it out. 

The WEF meets regularly with the largest 800 corporations in the world. Fact. 

These corporations are as economically as powerful as entire countries. Fact. 

Because these corporations are as large as the countries they sit with at the WEF alongside the leaders of 200 countries to discuss policy that will help them drive their businesses into these countries. Fact.

Therefore, these corporations have the ability through the WEF, due to their size and influence to dictate terms and policies that are acceptable to them. Fact. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Sure it's 'just economics' for the corporations, but when you blend the economics of the 800 most powerful companies that LITERALLY RULE THE ECONOMIC WORLD (remember, Blackrock manages $10 Trillion in assets and they are only ONE SEAT AT THE TABLE - there are 799 other seats) and you mingle that with the aspirations of individual policy makers, what do you get?

You get the most powerful lobby industry in the world all sitting at one table multiple times a year to navigate the direction of society. In effect, you get the world's largest polished 'turd'. lol

The Stepford Wives analogy is the perfect analogy.

They want a homogenized, consistent, group-thinking society. Why?

Well, Larry Fink the CEO of Blackrock said it best: "D******** in the West is messy. It swings one way one day, and the other way the next whereas in countries like China, they have an incredible amount of control on their economics" (I'm paraphrasing but that's the gist - you can search the video of him saying this).

What they're saying is that if they can reduce the swings economically, they can better control the direction of the economy and better INVEST IN IT. 

They're not trying to take down civilization, they're trying make society a consumer driven society so that they can continue to sell you their wares and you continue to buy them. The corporations are removing options while giving people what they deem you and I need. 

In effect, they are removing the "free" from the "free market". 

How is that working for them?

Well, without a full free market, you ultimately end up with an unpalatable product forced onto everyone.

Disney and Bud for proof. 

THIS is why the MCU is floundering and I've been saying it from the beginning.

Outside corporate interests and the pursuit of profit are affecting the art form. 

Does anyone disagree?

Let me say it again... ex-Disney CEO Bob Chapek was FIRED.  As was the marketing exec at Budweiser. FACTS

In the corporate world, virtually NOTHING supercedes the pursuit of growth and profits.  "Adapt or die" as they say... the market self-corrects where necessary.

Edited by EastEnd1

On 11/14/2023 at 7:21 AM, VintageComics said:

An article from Barrons from a year ago:

BlackRock CEO Stands Firm on ESG Investing

ESG is the most powerful tool in the world, held by the most powerful people in the world. 

First, ESG is now pretty much dead as an investing tent pole (not that it ever was). 

Second, someone who believes in a free market and free speech would be fine with investors investing for whatever reasons they want. It’s ok to buy or not buy from a store because you don’t like the politics of the owner, right?  That applies to investing in it also.

On 11/14/2023 at 10:35 AM, EastEnd1 said:

Let me say it again... ex-Disney CEO Bob Chapek was FIRED.  As was the marketing exec at Budweiser. FACTS

In the corporate world, virtually NOTHING supercedes the pursuit of growth and profits.  "Adapt or die" as they say... the market self-corrects.

I can remember when the word was "absolutely." So, that's a change. :D

On 11/14/2023 at 10:21 AM, VintageComics said:

Yes.

This is where CANCEL CULTURE comes from. No corporation wants their company to drop their ESG score because it will affect who does business with them. 

The reason Disney snapped their fingers and dropped Johnny Depp, their largest star IS BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T WANT THEIR ESG SCORE AFFECTED.

Read between the lines, people.

It's why everything is happening the way it is. ESG has been EVERYTHING up until this point. EVERY SINGLE OCCURRENCE is related to ESG. 

An article from Barrons from a year ago:

BlackRock CEO Stands Firm on ESG Investing

ESG is the most powerful tool in the world, held by the most powerful people in the world. 

You really don't see conspiratorial tendencies in your posts?

(shrug)

On 11/14/2023 at 10:38 AM, Hulksdaddy1 said:

I can remember when the word was "absolutely." So, that's a change. :D

Well now, we certainly don't want our corporations to be doing "illegal things" do we in that pursuit of profits! (tsk)

Edited by EastEnd1

On 11/14/2023 at 7:10 AM, Bosco685 said:

The OCC, FTc, and SEC Climate Risk Task Force would disagree with this statement as they issue greenwashing-related fines against financial service providers and individual companies proclaiming environmentally friendly products (see $19M fine levied against Deutsche Bank/DWS division).

Naturally, they should have checked the CGC forum first to set their priorities.

What was being regulated with that DB/DWS fine was a misrepresentation in advertising materials. It was not a fine for not doing ESG. Do really think the regulators should give a free pass for lying in ads or financial disclosures? For me free speech and free markets do not mean free fraud rights. Regulation is necessary.

For DB the fine is small but the adverse publicity might deter future fraud. Or not. That same day the SEC also fined DB for failing to comply with anti-money laundering laws. You ok with that fine? 

On 11/14/2023 at 10:51 AM, sfcityduck said:

What was being regulated with that DB/DWS fine was a misrepresentation in advertising materials. It was not a fine for not doing ESG. Do really think the regulators should give a free pass for lying in ads or financial disclosures? For me free speech and free markets do not mean free fraud rights. Regulation is necessary.

For DB the fine is small but the adverse publicity might deter future fraud. Or not. That same day the SEC also fined DB for failing to comply with anti-money laundering laws. You ok with that fine? 

Move along. I am not being pulled in your politic distractions on a CBM forum.

On 11/14/2023 at 7:34 AM, VintageComics said:

Economics is politics too, but you CAN discuss economics and NOT discuss politics. The Gold is $500 thread is proof. 

You seem to be unable to separate the two like everyone else in this thread and I don't want to go "bye, bye" the way you're about to. lol

On 11/14/2023 at 7:53 AM, Bosco685 said:

Move along. I am not being pulled in your politic distractions on a CBM forum.

No. I was pulled into yours. You guys were lambasting ESG etc. long before I showed up. 

On 11/14/2023 at 10:55 AM, sfcityduck said:

No. I was pulled into yours. You guys were lambasting ESG etc. long before I showed up. 

I made two posts to clarify some do not know enough about this topic.

Now better to move along, as you are confused on the topic to begin with.

On 11/14/2023 at 10:35 AM, EastEnd1 said:

In the corporate world, virtually NOTHING supercedes the pursuit of growth and profits.  "Adapt or die" as they say... the market self-corrects.

So far I haven't disagreed with anything you've said, except for the influence of ESG, on which I am well versed. I think we're more or less in agreement, except on that specific point. 

The ESG curve is a new learning curve. 

What has happened in the last 5 years is that they tried it, and it's now backfiring. The firings of CEOs is a part of the backfiring, but there IS a powerful contingent of people who are still pushing FOR it because it's so large and has so much momentum and interia. 

Here is a great Business Insider article from 2020 (remember, I said 2019 was the tipping point in favor of ESG).

The idea seemed great on paper to investors. (I can't post the article because it may get taken down for political content, but you can easily find it)

BlackRock Is Fueling A $120 Trillion Transformation On Wall St.

From the article:

Big money is turning its back on companies that aren’t conforming to one simple idea…
Sustainability.
And it’s fueling one of the biggest transfers of capital the world has ever seen.
In fact, within a year, 77% of institutional investors will stop buying into companies that aren’t, in some way, sustainable.

How is Blackrock doing this? A quote BlackRock CEO Larry Fink: "You have to force behaviors and at BlackRock we are forcing behaviors..."

------------------------------------------------------

Now follow the concept as it evolved over 2020-2022 (remember, this was during the pandemic) - it grew to dominate world economics while the general public didn't realize it was even  happening.

The ESG investment movement quite literally infiltrated every aspect of world economics overnight. Wall Street. Central Banks. The BIS (Bank of International Settlements, which is the single most powerful entity in banking on earth). Every major corporation and EVEN the policy makers. That's how fast the speed of money moves when everyone is united to one common cause in lockstep.  

Man, that should be terrifying to ANYONE no matter what you think about my personal opinions. :eek:

------------------------------------------------------------------

But the backfire is beginning and just like you leaving Disney in 2019 earmarked the START of the ESG upward curve, 2022 has earmarked the downward trend. 

My point is punctuated by the firing of Bob Chapek. who was fired when? In Nov, 2022. 

Behind the stunning exit of Disney CEO Bob Chapek

What has happened since, is that people have taken notice and pushed back. CEOs everywhere are getting fired. Policies are being implemented by those opposed to ESG outlawing it's use. Heads of state are quite literally losing their jobs over it. If you were to list how many influential and powerful people lost their jobs in the last 1-2 years specifically related to this concept, I think you'd be shocked. 

I can only say so much on a comic forum, but if anyone wants more info via PM I am all ears. I have done a lot of research on this and it's all based on economics, science and fact.

So we are currently smack in the center of it in real time, but the tide is turning and people are realizing that every aspect of their lives have been affected by this strategy and are not interested in it. 

Iger and Disney LITERALLY still don't get it but they are starting to. 

So, I think you and I actually both agree, yourself coming from a Disney executive position and me coming from mine as as concerned citizen who just wants normal, human content and not something driven by corroborate greed. We are actually describing the same thing from two different viewpoints. 

So why doesn't Disney? That's the $155 Billion question. 

Greed blinds people from reality is my answer. 

Edited by VintageComics

On 11/14/2023 at 10:34 AM, namisgr said:

Heh.  Be careful what you wish for.

You've have, quite literally lambasted me on here for years as uneducated, unintelligent and biased and continue to do so daily.  

Meanwhile, we have, with the help of a few comic book chat forum members solved a Billion dollar problem that even the greatest minds at Disney couldn't solve for themselves. Even you couldn't solve it with all of your education in the human psyche and neuroscience as a professor. doh!

How did we manage to do it? It's simple: You JUST NEED TO PAY ATTENTION to what people the little people actually want rather than tell them what they want.

You on the other hand have been cheerleading some of the worst things to happen to people in modern history and are on board with telling people what they should want. It's destructive and sickening.

If you can't foster positive discourse, it's time you learn to stay in your lane and let the big people sort it out because it's ideologies like yours that broke everything in the 1st place. 

On 11/11/2023 at 7:48 PM, namisgr said:

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

This clock seems to be working every time you appear so maybe you're in the Quantum Realm? lol

On 11/14/2023 at 10:39 AM, EastEnd1 said:

You really don't see conspiratorial tendencies in your posts?

(shrug)

I'm just stating the facts as they happened. If there are conspiratorial tendencies in those facts, is that my fault?

You seem to believe that it's impossible that there may be.

Which is the better way to view the world?

On 11/14/2023 at 10:46 AM, shadroch said:

Black Rock is up 68% in recent years and almost 5000% from its IPO. It seems like they've managed to overcome their ESG obsession.

Shad, you CONSTANTLY bring up PARTIAL FACTS to suit your arguments. Do you not ever get tired of being wrong?

Blackrock is one of the most powerful economic entities in the world, but look at their stock chart and tell me how it coincides to everything I've said, including the dates of the ESG movement that they championed.

They LITERALLY dropped from a high of 957 to 571 in one year, from the exact point that I said the ESG movement stopped growing.  

Is this how the Shadrock school of investing actually works? Losing 40% of your profits in one year? doh!

The ESG movement they championed is collapsing and no amount of comic book forum posts will make them double their profits to cover your losses. lol

Blackrock5yearstock.thumb.png.2561e3c58ea2ee0d756b4e583f055b83.png

Edited by VintageComics