• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 GOLDEN AGE COMIC BOOK MARKET REPORT
8 8

328 posts in this topic

you can make any down-up-down trend look like that if you play with the value at which the Y axis starts.

My math knowledge is a little rusty and dusty so I won't pretend to remember logarithmic scale, but chart comparisons are easy to manipulate if you want them to look the same.

Edited by Bronty

I believe those bankers chase, citi whom testified before congress last week indicated they were scared we were going into Stagflation which I would agree to that direction  given the current conditions. I think a real issue on the 2022 GA/SA comic book market going forward in the last quarter will be how the real estate downturn will have an effect on those prices in general. The real estate market has crashed not because in 2008 the properties flooded to the market, but that the buyers number has crashed especially since interest rates have been above 6 and in the last few days at 7 with no end in sight. Will that possible extra trade up money find our way into the GA/SA market and will the fact that they will not be able to sell that property as easily eliminate the sellers who would invest part or all of the profit in our comic market. The next 3 months of Oct,Nov and Dec should prove to be very interesting.

I will start a new thread in January for 2023....but my outlook for the remainder of 2022 is Flat...give or take 5% either way. I predict 2023 will be a very different story especially mid-year. Your Market predictions for 4th Q  are ????

Edited by Mmehdy

On 9/28/2022 at 9:22 AM, Mmehdy said:

GA/SA market ...Your Market predictions for 4th Q  are ????

I expect continued divergence between SA and GA markets based, in part, on supply considerations. GA scarcity has made certain books coveted (and rising) even while the SA market cools. One wild card will be when CGC starts grading pulps, and how much appeal they have to GA collectors.