• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC unboxing damaged
1 1

12 posts in this topic

what is the question?

Did you ship directly through CGC or go through a dealer? I ask because if you go through a dealer, they could include your comics as part of a larger batch that can be eligible to screening. Meaning that CGC will only grade your book if it is sure to get a 9.8. If they know it cant get 9.8, they will charge you $8 as a rejection fee. That could save you quite a bit of money.

On 1/5/2022 at 9:52 PM, chuckfregeau said:

CGC unboxing comic books came in damaged 

Damn, I'm guessing these subs were not pressed to get hammered like that.

No visible defects on the Xmen 4 and it got a 9.2?

Wow

On 1/6/2022 at 4:50 PM, lostboys said:

Damn, I'm guessing these subs were not pressed to get hammered like that.

No visible defects on the Xmen 4 and it got a 9.2?

Wow

No I should have done that they looked good but I guess I was wrong no visible wrinkles all 9.8 candidates I thought. 

On 1/6/2022 at 10:06 PM, chuckfregeau said:

No I should have done that they looked good but I guess I was wrong no visible wrinkles all 9.8 candidates I thought. 

Yeah, it's becoming a gamble not to press books. Personally, I think pressing is a form of restoration.

But Itd be too hard for the graders to tell which books have been pressed so...here we are, pancaking books trying to get a higher grade.

On 1/6/2022 at 10:52 PM, lostboys said:

Yeah, it's becoming a gamble not to press books. Personally, I think pressing is a form of restoration.

But Itd be too hard for the graders to tell which books have been pressed so...here we are, pancaking books trying to get a higher grade.

I agree with all of this, 100%.