• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SHIPPING KITS
1 1

8 posts in this topic

MY FIRST TWO SUBMISSIONS FOR COMICS WERE SHIPPED IN KITS PURCHASED FROM CGC. THEY WERE GRADED AND SHIPPED WITHIN A WEEK. MY LATEST SUSMISSION WAS NOT SHIPPED IN A KIT FROM CGC AND HAS BEEN IN SCHEDULED FOR GRADING STATUS FOR 3 WEEKS. IS THERE A CONNECTION. IF YOU PUCHASE A KIT DO YOUR COMICS GET GRADED FASTER?

On 1/6/2022 at 8:47 AM, 56 said:

MY FIRST TWO SUBMISSIONS FOR COMICS WERE SHIPPED IN KITS PURCHASED FROM CGC. THEY WERE GRADED AND SHIPPED WITHIN A WEEK. MY LATEST SUSMISSION WAS NOT SHIPPED IN A KIT FROM CGC AND HAS BEEN IN SCHEDULED FOR GRADING STATUS FOR 3 WEEKS. IS THERE A CONNECTION. IF YOU PUCHASE A KIT DO YOUR COMICS GET GRADED FASTER?

A reasonable question.

A few things:

1.  The tier matters.  So if your tiers were not the same, that could be a factor.

2.  When you submitted matters, as turnaround times vary for a million different reasons.  If you submitted 1.5 years ago, the turnaround time would be different than if you submitted a month a go, kit or not.

3.  Did you search for a stated policy on the CGC website?  What did it say (if anything)?

On 1/6/2022 at 4:53 PM, StillOnly25Cents said:

do you think CGC would have shipping kits in stock if they made TATs for submissions with shipping kits  go faster?

Just want to point out that I think the kits have been out of stock for some time now....

On 1/6/2022 at 10:47 AM, 56 said:

I wish there would be better communication from cgc. I purchased 2 small shipping kits from cgc in october. I submitted 5 comics. Received on 10/14, shipped 10/15. I submitted 6 more comics. Received 10/29, shipped 11/03. My latest submission was 6 comics received 12/10. All modern. Did not use a shipping kit. Status scheduled for grading as of 1/7. Why would you open submissions from 12/19 when you have not graded the ones from 12/10. Cannot get a response from cgc.

• Administrator
On 1/7/2022 at 1:28 PM, 56 said:

I wish there would be better communication from cgc. I purchased 2 small shipping kits from cgc in october. I submitted 5 comics. Received on 10/14, shipped 10/15. I submitted 6 more comics. Received 10/29, shipped 11/03. My latest submission was 6 comics received 12/10. All modern. Did not use a shipping kit. Status scheduled for grading as of 1/7. Why would you open submissions from 12/19 when you have not graded the ones from 12/10. Cannot get a response from cgc.

I am not sure I understand the question but, maybe this will help.  Each tier has different turn around times.  Currently,

Modern 128 days

Express  28 days

Walk through  8 days

Also, if someone is submitting books for the walkthrough or Express tier, and write WT or EX on the package, it will be open before the others.  

Mike