• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Shazam 3
3 3

13 posts in this topic

Not planning on having this book slabbed, but I always loved this throwback cover and want a decent grade raw copy for my collection.  I can't put my finger on how much the manufacturing defect I am curious about affects the overall grade.  

By Mary Marvel's skirt, and by the bottom of the lightning bolt it seems the black ink didn't cover the yellow underneath. It is very obvious.  How much does this defect pul the grade down?

Otherwise, there is a spine tic by the middle of the "C" in Captain Marvel Junior, and also some funkiness in the middle of the spine on the back of the book.

I am more concerned on your opinions as to the color defect on the cover. Thanks!!

shazam 3 front 400116.jpg

shazam 3 back 400117.jpg

IMG_5474.jpg

On 1/7/2022 at 8:29 AM, eastriver31400 said:

What do you think about the ink defect in relation to grade drop? This is the only copy I have ever seen with this defect.

I think that it will be accepted as a MFG defect, not affecting grade other than keeping it from being above 9.8.