• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jack Cole Hero Worship Thread.
2 2

184 posts in this topic

I've never had the opportunity to see any of his horror work before, only Plastic Man, specifically the stories reprinted in the first five DC Archive editions. :)

4319130898_776fb61407_z.jpg

4691707295_cb5e98346d_z.jpg

I liked the scan so much, I went out and bought the rest of the book.

I love Coles splash pages. Some of the most creative work ever

Two of my favourite pieces of artwork from Plastic Man Archives Volume 2, the book which made me understand how brilliant a writer / artist he was. Splash page design on par with Eisner.

I had a poster made of Police 25 and it's hung on the wall opposite my computer desk so that I see it whenever I look up.

I've never had the opportunity to see any of his horror work before, only Plastic Man, specifically the stories reprinted in the first five DC Archive editions. :)

His horror and crime stories are fantastic though they sometimes suffer due to being inked by others.

His crime comics were also spectacular and the combination of the two are examples of creative genius.

bb :whee:

5229149933_afd1e85d20_z.jpg4626281759_4e455869b8_z.jpg

Orgy of Death :devil:

His crime comics were also spectacular ...

2962800413_fc74cb793d_o.jpg

:devil:

His horror and crime stories are fantastic though they sometimes suffer due to being inked by others.

It's always tragic when the work of an artistic genius gets obliterated like that. :(

His crime comics were also spectacular ...

2962800413_fc74cb793d_o.jpg

:devil:

Thanks for the examples from Cole's horror and crime comics. (thumbs u I have seen this crime splash page - it was reprinted in Art Spiegelman's 'Jack Cole and Plastic Man: Forms Stretched to Their Limits' book.

This one, from Police #65 always reminds me of the splash from Police 25 .....

Police65splashcopy.jpg

And some wacked out wackiness from near the end of Coles Plastic Man work. Police #100 splash.....

Police100splash.jpg

I wish more of Coles work was signed. Its a shame too that its most all destroyed. Spiegelman and Kidds book paint a very sad picture. Maybe thats why he shot himself....... all that work, just thrown away hm

Police53pg7.jpg

Alot of these Ron Goulart didn't even know who's art it was. I guess the records aren't very clear. This looks like Cole to me

Police 50 splash

Police50splashcopy.jpg

Cole was really something else (thnx for the interior shots, Senormac).

This cross-posted from OOTW - a new pickup today for me, and I just can't resist:

SilStr6.jpg

Congrats, Steve! :applause:

Cole was really something else (thnx for the interior shots, Senormac).

This cross-posted from OOTW - a new pickup today for me, and I just can't resist:

SilStr6.jpg

Congrats, Steve! :applause:

Thnx DD - probably like everyone else, I've great admired this cover from afar.

But now having a copy in hand, I think it's permanently imprinted on my brain!