• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The first Superboy story from More Fun 101
3 3

29 posts in this topic

On 1/12/2022 at 10:26 PM, lizards2 said:

Good job! You are my hero, crackin' that book out.

Now go to you youtube and listen to The Cramps, She's Got Balls.

In the learn something every day department...a bunch of guys with the name "The Cramps". :fear:

On 1/13/2022 at 1:48 AM, ttfitz said:

I only recently added More Fun to my wantlist after winning a copy of Adventure Comics #103, and realizing there were the 7 issues of More Fun with earlier Superboy stories in them.

Thanks for  posting.

It was fun...

More Fun #103 was the first issue I bought with Superboy, same thing happened.  It's amazing how much there is to learn about GA books, and I keep learning...makes it a fun hobby.

On 1/13/2022 at 4:23 AM, skypinkblu said:

In the learn something every day department...a bunch of guys with the name "The Cramps". :fear:

There should be at least one girl in there, maybe more.

On 1/13/2022 at 8:39 AM, lizards2 said:

There should be at least one girl in there, maybe more.

Always at least one; they were founded by husband and wife Lux Interior and Poison Ivy. Other members rotated through the years and there were several other women as well.

On 1/13/2022 at 1:51 AM, skypinkblu said:

I always enjoy seeing the stories when other people post them.

Thanks for posting Sha, my first time reading that book, I don't have any of the More Fun Superboys, its high on my wants list though, still working on the Adventures but getting there :) 

I also love it when peeps post stories but its sometimes a killer in a sales thread where they post a few pages and leave you hanging for the end of a story :cry:

Maybe that's a sales strategy hm

I've always thought it interesting that Superboy isn't even mentioned on the cover, I guess it was a last minute swap out with Dover and Clover, who are mentioned on the cover but not in the book. How hard would it have been to change the cover text before going to print though, unless the covers were printed up well ahead of the book. 

The next issue should have had a cover mention though, when Spectre (or more accurately Percival Popp) is cancelled and Dover and Clover return, but no, that has to wait until the next issue. You'd think DC would have thought the strip had big potential (as turned out to be the case) and this wasn't just created as filler in an anthology title, and would have promoted it from the go, especially as I'm guessing Green Arrow probably wasn't moving a lot of copies of the title as compared to the other anthology books.