• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 CGC Grading Contest Season 1 Winter Edition (#1) Sign-up Thread CLOSED!!!
29 29

618 posts in this topic

On 1/17/2022 at 6:30 PM, CGC Mike said:

I might have to call in the national guard.  :ohnoez:

Not sure what resources you have behind this Mike but with an external email invite out to all registered members there is scope for the numbers to increase wildly here. I've never seen so many new members, and members who have not posted publicly, add avatars in the last two hours. If you're on your own, I'd strongly consider setting a participant cap or even pulling this event and reassessing the entry criteria. You're going to drown mate, otherwise. And sorry to say it, but one post members claiming prizes is almost certainly going to cause problems and likely dissuade donations in the first instance. Is this a competition for the active board members, or a free for all for new joiners?

On 1/17/2022 at 1:43 PM, ivegotneatstuff said:

ha its funny my acquaintance in NY I think is one of them.. he forwarded me the email and said "I think I'm gonna do this!" 

I hope they all have fun. (thumbsu

Although, I fear there may be a high percentage of this group getting disqualified for missing one of the rounds. 2c

• Administrator
On 1/17/2022 at 1:43 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Not sure what resources you have behind this Mike but with an external email invite out to all registered members there is scope for the numbers to increase wildly here. I've never seen so many new members, and members who have not posted publicly, add avatars in the last two hours. If you're on your own, I'd strongly consider setting a participant cap or even pulling this event and reassessing the entry criteria. You're going to drown mate, otherwise. And sorry to say it, but one post members claiming prizes is almost certainly going to cause problems and likely dissuade donations in the first instance. Is this a competition for the active board members, or a free for all for new joiners?

Well, these new posters are customers of CGC.  With that said, I may put a capacity limit for this.  

On 1/16/2022 at 6:51 AM, CGC Mike said:

Hello Everyone!

Welcome to CGC's 1st grading contest.  It will start early February.  Please post in this thread to enter the contest.   The deadline to enter is February 1st 8:00 PM Eastern time.

grading_contest_template 2.png

Awesome