• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 CGC Grading Contest Season 1 Winter Edition (#1) Sign-up Thread CLOSED!!!
29 29

618 posts in this topic

On 2/1/2022 at 6:45 PM, flashlites said:

Kav, I guess you and me will both have to sit this one out. A day late and a comic short. :pullhair:

naw i sined up-I was just bein goofy for once.

• Administrator
On 2/1/2022 at 9:53 PM, kav said:

when is it tomorrow or something?

On 2/1/2022 at 8:50 PM, CGC Mike said:

So, the contest is going to start Thursday at 8:00 PM Eastern time.  I am going to start sending out all of the PM's now.  There will be a link to round 1, which you will not be able to view until I bring the thread live on Thursday.  There will be a nice mix of books, and the raw scans look fantastic.  

On 2/2/2022 at 3:13 PM, Yingly said:

I'm excited! This is gonna be fun!

I'm filled with a sense of existential dread at the thought of it. I don't expect this to be easy. 

I may have missed this somewhere so I'm sorry if it's been addressed already.

Are we going to be guessing on books that are going straight from raw to graded or are we guessing what the books will be graded after a press/clean?

• Administrator
On 2/2/2022 at 10:52 AM, jas1vans said:

I may have missed this somewhere so I'm sorry if it's been addressed already.

Are we going to be guessing on books that are going straight from raw to graded or are we guessing what the books will be graded after a press/clean?

You will be given raw scans of the books that were imaged just prior to being graded.  

On 2/2/2022 at 1:57 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

I'm filled with a sense of existential dread at the thought of it. I don't expect this to be easy. 

true... it's the nervous fun... kind of like the feeling you get right before a big game... or right before you ask a cute girl out on a date..... or the nervous feeling you get when you have to use the bathroom because your stomach feels weird before a big test and your entire life depends on what happens.... oh wait... not that serious???? oh yeah... forget the last part just the first two!