• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can you recycle old boards?
3 3

11 posts in this topic

I have recycled them and think it wouldn't be an issue. Many things that are recyclable have some type of coating.

On 1/16/2022 at 8:42 PM, Lightning55 said:

I used to work at a recycling center.  Almost all cardboard is recyclable.   For those products that seem questionable, there are steps in the system that separate out materials like coatings that impede the process, making them still eligible for recycling.

In this current environment of supply chain shortages, you might find that there is a market for the used boards.  Even if it's just to offer them to someone for free who wants to pay the shipping.  It's good to recycle things, but even better to reuse, as @Readcomixsays.

I’d definitely just give them to someone, but I wouldn’t feel great about it.  Most of them are gnarly.  Discolored and dingy.  A lot of them have to be at least 20 years old.

On 1/16/2022 at 8:42 PM, Lightning55 said:

I used to work at a recycling center.  Almost all cardboard is recyclable.   For those products that seem questionable, there are steps in the system that separate out materials like coatings that impede the process, making them still eligible for recycling.

In this current environment of supply chain shortages, you might find that there is a market for the used boards.  Even if it's just to offer them to someone for free who wants to pay the shipping.  It's good to recycle things, but even better to reuse, as @Readcomixsays.

Good answer , from what I read , almost all cardboard that is recycled is turned into lower grade cardboard 

also I read that 80% of all paper that is recycled is turned into toilet paper🤪

Never thought about recycling those.  They cannot be any more coated with a chemical than a carton of OJ or Milk which are often recyclable so I would assume so. 

Edited by Buzzetta