• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Never A Shortage Of Spiderman Comics
3 3

43 posts in this topic

On 1/19/2022 at 5:36 PM, Buzzetta said:

Nah... lol 

My goal is to eventually take up three spaces in the registery's top 100 sets of ASM 1-100.

I currently occupy #37, 96, 159, 371, 413 and 508

539292332_ScreenShot2022-01-19at6_35_40PM.thumb.png.c265f574e6d2de4bc7580d2f1a864521.png

Seeing this now I now I have been going about my registry the whole wrong way. I just need to set 40+ slots for single books instead of trying to fill in 1 run. :banana:

On 1/19/2022 at 3:36 PM, Buzzetta said:

Nah... lol 

My goal is to eventually take up three spaces in the registery's top 100 sets of ASM 1-100.

539292332_ScreenShot2022-01-19at6_35_40PM.thumb.png.c265f574e6d2de4bc7580d2f1a864521.png

I didn't think you were one of them...., Stop GIF - Gecko Geico Facepalm - Discover & Share GIFs

On 1/18/2022 at 2:59 PM, Randall Ries said:

Man. Whenever a new auction cycle comes up, I enjoy browsing. On each site, there are TONS of Spiderman comics. Pages of them. Same with sales pages. Pages and pages of those things. Doesn't matter if it is before during or after a movie cycle. Doesn't matter if Spiderman is gigantically popular or is seeing an ebb in popularity.

Amazing Spider-Man has 672,000+ CGC slabs, and there are another 240 different series with "Spider" in the title graded at least 25 times by CGC.

http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/cgctitle/

Roughly 1 in every 10 CGC slabs is a Spider-something.

On 1/20/2022 at 10:52 AM, valiantman said:

Amazing Spider-Man has 672,000+ CGC slabs, and there are another 240 different series with "Spider" in the title graded at least 25 times by CGC.

http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/cgctitle/

Roughly 1 in every 10 CGC slabs is a Spider-something.

So, 10% of everything slabb-o'd is a Spider book?

On 1/21/2022 at 7:26 AM, Randall Ries said:

That really is remarkable. I wonder if other titles make up 10% or even more of slabbed books. And that doesn't count PGX or CBCS slabbers?

No, PGX and CBCS are not included. I'm running numbers from the CGC Census.

X-Men (X-titles) are about 6%.  You can check title percentages on the far right:  http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/cgctitle/

Edited by valiantman

On 1/19/2022 at 6:36 PM, Buzzetta said:

Nah... lol 

Nice.

On 1/18/2022 at 3:59 PM, Randall Ries said:

Man. Whenever a new auction cycle comes up, I enjoy browsing. On each site, there are TONS of Spiderman comics. Pages of them. Same with sales pages. Pages and pages of those things. Doesn't matter if it is before during or after a movie cycle. Doesn't matter if Spiderman is gigantically popular or is seeing an ebb in popularity.

It's like every person in the US - the WORLD - received tons of Spiderman books at birth. I can't think of another title that boasts so many available back issues at all times.It's aggravating to a degree to scroll through pages of them on a new auction listing. I just brace myself for it. Just jump ahead 5 or 6 pages and I'm STILL in Spiderman land.

How ironic.  I always think there aren’t enough Spiderman comics to go around, given demand is insatiable 

On 1/21/2022 at 3:39 PM, Yale Stewart said:

If only they weren't all also at staggeringly high prices...

I wouldn't think they would be so high given the amount of them available. Page after page of those things....Everywhere. At every vendor. In every auction. Every month.

On 1/21/2022 at 7:27 PM, Randall Ries said:

I wouldn't think they would be so high given the amount of them available. Page after page of those things....Everywhere. At every vendor. In every auction. Every month.

Lots of folks trying to complete their runs. But you're right, with the funds, you could 100% buy a complete run of ASM at any given time if you wanted to. It wouldn't be hard. AF15 may be a little tougher, but ASM for sure.

On 1/21/2022 at 10:31 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

I believe you can do that with any issue of any silver age book.  Your point being what?

I don't believe so. My point being the ease of an instant Spiderman complete run in a very short period of time. In fact, probably multiple complete runs. And you know. I'm not knocking Spiderman. Valiantman confirmed my observation. Spiderman accounts for 10% of all CGC graded comics. That's a whole lot of Spiderman flying around.

On 1/21/2022 at 10:54 PM, Randall Ries said:

I don't believe so. My point being the ease of an instant Spiderman complete run in a very short period of time. In fact, probably multiple complete runs. And you know. I'm not knocking Spiderman. Valiantman confirmed my observation. Spiderman accounts for 10% of all CGC graded comics. That's a whole lot of Spiderman flying around.

I get you, but based on your previous statement of "I believe I could buy any issue of Amazing Spiderman at any time. If I had the cash, I imagine I could have the complete series in a week", I am saying that statement holds true for any title run from the silver age to present and that's just a fact.