• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

McFarlane's next CGC signing?
3 3

17 posts in this topic

On 1/20/2022 at 10:57 AM, god503 said:

That one will make me go broke....  :flipbait:

Don't you miss the good old days when he used to sign all of his books for free with his classic McFarlance signature using his silver sprinkly pen?  (thumbsu

I remember getting one of my Spidey 300's signed by him as he used to live here when he was doing his Spidey books and would show up at the local cons. :applause:

With the Signature Series in place though, I guess CGC would consider this to be a defect or Qualified book and downgrade it accordingly, because they didn't end up making any money from the book.  And yet, if they are there to verify it and make their money, it's all good even though the signature might end up looking more like a shopping list as opposed to a true signature:  :fear::sick:  :censored:

Bronze Age (1970-1979):Superhero, The Incredible Hulk #181 Signature Series: Stan Lee and Others (Marvel, 1974) CGC VF+ 8.5 Off-white pages....

On 1/20/2022 at 10:43 PM, lou_fine said:

Don't you miss the good old days when he used to sign all of his books for free with his classic McFarlance signature using his silver sprinkly pen?  (thumbsu

I remember getting one of my Spidey 300's signed by him as he used to live here when he was doing his Spidey books and would show up at the local cons. :applause:

With the Signature Series in place though, I guess CGC would consider this to be a defect or Qualified book and downgrade it accordingly, because they didn't end up making any money from the book.  And yet, if they are there to verify it and make their money, it's all good even though the signature might end up looking more like a shopping list as opposed to a true signature:  :fear::sick:  :censored:

Bronze Age (1970-1979):Superhero, The Incredible Hulk #181 Signature Series: Stan Lee and Others (Marvel, 1974) CGC VF+ 8.5 Off-white pages....

What is this atrocity? "Spiderman meets the Wolverine?!?!?"

On 1/20/2022 at 10:43 PM, lou_fine said:

Yeah, the good old days. I have a bunch of books signed for free at local cons. But no silver pen on the cover for me. Ball point pen on the splash page.

That Hulk, although unique, is a MESS. I would flip it in a heartbeat to some stupid, star eyed fan boy for a kings ransom if it were mine…

Donno if people remember, but Todd use ta do 2 signings a year through facilitators...in December and in June.  Gave you 6 months ta save up for each signing.  It would be the only time he would sign for witnessed sigs. 

On 7/5/2022 at 9:22 AM, Justin contreras said:

Like hopefully soon??? Does anybody know when Todd Mcfarlane will be signing?

if you follow cgc social media, you can keep abreast of when various signings are announced.  Or you can check the CGC website at your own convenience.