• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

More Pictures of Star Trek 1967 Comics #1, 2, 3 and 4 for Opinions
1 1

36 posts in this topic

On 1/25/2022 at 7:18 PM, KPR Comics said:

Dust shadows are killers.  Otherwise very nice.

And yet, the CGC graders don't really seem to downgrade very much at all when it comes to dust shadows on books.  hm

Even when it comes to some pretty egregious and ones that are an real eyesore, as evident by the grading that we have seen on some of the Promise Collection books with their very noticeable and even totally whacked out slanted dust shadows in some cases.  :fear: :sick:

After a lengthy discussion with a nice CGS representative, I have finally figured out how to ship off my 4 comic books above and decide what services to pay for. This is quite the investment that I hope pays me back at some point. I was shocked to find out how much this will be costing me. You must be real passionate to have comic book collecting as a hobby!

On 2/11/2022 at 3:15 PM, KryptoSpidey said:

So rumors have been around forever and I've yet to ever see a #1 without the back photo cover... Does anyone actually have that #1...?

Apparently, there is no such #1 version.  In The Gold Key Star Trek #1 Club, @Get Marwood & Iwas kind enough to post this page from the 2019/2020 Overstreet Price Guide:   

st.PNG.b5ee100d53fd008429a75b312f7b4953.PNG

And @Gatsby77 there kindly explained that there is a "link to the # 2 Star Trek registry set (and highest-graded 100% set). Notes two variants for # 2 and one variant for # 3. None for # 1."   Here's the link:

https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=77389 

Edited by Pantodude

On 2/11/2022 at 5:21 PM, Pantodude said:

Apparently, there is no such #1 version.  In The Gold Key Star Trek #1 Club, @Get Marwood & Iwas kind enough to post this page from the 2019/2020 Overstreet Price Guide:   

And @Gatsby77 there kindly explained that there is a "link to the # 2 Star Trek registry set (and highest-graded 100% set). Notes two variants for # 2 and one variant for # 3. None for # 1."   Here's the link:

https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=77389 

Well that explains that then and thank you for the info!!!

Edited by KryptoSpidey

On 2/11/2022 at 2:21 PM, Pantodude said:

Apparently, there is no such #1 version.  In The Gold Key Star Trek #1 Club, @Get Marwood & Iwas kind enough to post this page from the 2019/2020 Overstreet Price

My copy features a model posing for an ad for hair club for men (shrug)

On 2/11/2022 at 9:08 PM, innocuous said:

My copy features a model posing for an ad for hair club for men (shrug)

Seriously?  Are you sure it's  not just your reflection on the back of the slab?  :nyah:  Or are you making fun of a very, very special person.  :baiting:BTW, the best hair work EVER must be Ted Danson's?

Edited by Pantodude

On 2/11/2022 at 6:51 PM, Pantodude said:

Seriously?  Are you sure it's  not just your reflection on the back of the slab?  :nyah:  Or are you making fun of a very, very special person.  :baiting:BTW, the best hair work EVER must be Ted Danson's?

Well, since my copy is raw, and I had to pull it out of the mylar to check the back, we'll go with very very special person, aka, astronaut, on the back.

On 2/11/2022 at 5:21 PM, Pantodude said:

I sure do wish that registry set had pictures 

The Enterprise Logs NN, actually all volumes are just as scarce in 9.0 and above as the 2, 3 photo-back covers.  For the reason I mention that see my sig pics :)

Edited by MAR1979

On 2/12/2022 at 2:42 PM, MAR1979 said:

I sure do wish that registry set had pictures 

The Enterprise Logs NN, actually all volumes are just as scarce in 9.0 and above as the 2, 3 photo-back covers.  For the reason I mention that see my sig pics :)

Which version of 3 is rarer, with or without the Enterprise Logs subtitle?

On 2/13/2022 at 4:19 PM, OtherEric said:

Which version of 3 is rarer, with or without the Enterprise Logs subtitle?

All copies of Vol 3 I recall seeing in person do have Enterprise Logs subtitle.  Therefore my guess is without is more rare. Of course I could very easily be totally wrong :)