• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Don't use ebay ever, so a question
2 2

48 posts in this topic

On 1/22/2022 at 1:38 PM, PiggyTTV said:

He probably first got the seller's email through Ebay and then they communicated off Ebay (shrug)

I once put my email address in a message to a user, and it also got flagged. I have since learned how I can get past that through some creative typing.

Also, if I find a book on Ebay that is for sale and the user name looks like a comic book store, I just google the name of the store, and I work out a deal between the two of us. I just did that to buy a book that was listed at $1,575 plus tax, which would be a total of $1,685.25. I contacted the store, and we just concluded our deal for $1,400. Unethical? I think that is kind of a gray area. Besides, if I see a book being sold on Ebay from MyComicShop, I just go to their website. I have never found a book that is cheaper on Ebay then it is on their site.

On 1/22/2022 at 5:10 PM, Math Teacher said:

Besides, if I see a book being sold on Ebay from MyComicShop, I just go to their website. I have never found a book that is cheaper on Ebay then it is on their site.

Yeah, because it is automated to post to eBay with the commission added in.

well, seller responded to me that he/she/they would accept my best offer, I said Ok, they haven't responded since and I'm without the poster, or a plan and purpose for my life.

Edited by NoMan

On 1/22/2022 at 12:26 PM, NoMan said:

Seller accepted my offer, relied with this:

if you want to do it through Ebay, I will edit the listing to reflect a price of XXXX and also the shipping charge and you order as normal. Alternatively you can send me a Paypal payment directly and that way I will save a few $ on the commission etc and fees. It's up to you but for the former let's coordinate in case someone else snaps it up at the lower price - there's a few people watching it, lol.

Ebay will whack him for that email.....that's a no-no

On 1/23/2022 at 12:33 PM, NoMan said:

well, seller responded to me that he/she/they would accept my best offer, I said Ok, they haven't responded since and I'm without the poster, or a plan and purpose for my life.

Maybe he sent the message, and eBay intercepted it.  He doesn't know it, thinks it went through, so he's waiting on you.  Since you didn't get it, you're waiting on him.  It's a standoff.

Or he is having second thoughts about getting himself and you in trouble with eBay, so just slinking away.

On 1/23/2022 at 12:36 PM, Bob Troub said:

Ebay will whack him for that email.....that's a no-no

Probably not. His message looks like a snip of the response he made. I use Word and then snip a picture of response and attach image.

I'm ok with Ebay not getting their 13% on every sale. I'd rather give the discount to the buyer.

Edited by I like pie

On 1/22/2022 at 1:56 PM, Math Teacher said:

My question is how did this message get past Ebay's censors? I mentioned IG once, and it was flagged as violating their terms of service.

Write your message in a word file.  Take a screen shot of the text and then upload it as a picture in the message to eBay

On 1/24/2022 at 6:26 AM, NoMan said:

Heard from seller. We are back on people! I appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers regarding my potential vintage movie poster 

post an image so I can have a crack at it and try to discern if it is real.

On 1/24/2022 at 10:52 AM, NoMan said:

I don't want you to snipe by vintage horror movie poster. i know your insidious ways.

dang

On 1/24/2022 at 10:53 AM, kav said:

dang

i'm gonna invent an app with my homies from the Villa Park Boys that snipes the collectable you want once the other guy has bought it. The app will list his home address and when he is gone from home and the Villa Park Boys do the rest!

Edited by NoMan

On 1/24/2022 at 11:02 AM, NoMan said:

i'm gonna invent an app with my homies from the Villa Park Boys that snipes the collectable you want once the other guy has bought it. The app will list his home address and when he is gone from home and the Villa Park Boys do the rest!

@Buzzetta

On 1/24/2022 at 11:05 AM, NoMan said:

is calling Buzzetta like going to the principle's office?

he knows people.  People.