• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Doctor Strange 175
4 4

10 posts in this topic

Recently purchased this off Ebay; the exterior seems to match the seller's estimated grade (1/4" spine split, dust shadow on back), but I noticed two interior pages with corner pieces out.  I can't seem to find much info on how this affects grade.  Any thoughts would be appreciated!

IMG_2518.thumb.jpg.ad98567f494478ac0b9bd41e7dbc4240.jpg

IMG_2520.thumb.jpg.3361b7f6825e603416dee575612e91b1.jpg

IMG_2519.thumb.jpg.4e652a12e170f731e22f09b52e7bf434.jpg

IMG_2521.thumb.jpg.ad5c09f641763010118ab8c2767c286e.jpg

Edited by bapowell

6.0/6.5

Type in "pieces missing interior pages cgc” in your Google search and you'll find some past threads. No real consensus though.

IMO, 0.5-1.0 grade deduction in the FN/VF/NM range. Likely no effect on lower grades. All depends on the size of the piece though.

@zzutakwas just around and he's had something to say about this type of flaw in the past. Maybe he'll stop back by.

Thanks for posting.

Edited by grendelbo

grendlebo!  :hi:

There's really nothing I can offer that hasn't already been posted.  Personally, I find the dark sun shadows and lighter, more generalized oxidation halo (which is also present on the front cover) far more objectionable that the missing interior corner pieces.  Yeah, the interior defect should've been called out in the item description; however, I don't think it's significant enough to fuss about.  One man's opinion ......

I am trying to grade and was in the 6.5 - 5.5 range when I just began frowning and frowning some more. Tough one for me as all that back cover action is a weakness of mine for sure, don't know how to grade it really. I am not too keen on that corner chunk but it really isn't a grading issue for me if that is the largest piece and isn't more than a few pages (ooh, can I say wrap, yeah)...doesn't extend to more than one wrap. ooh, I am getting the lingo (perhaps, maybe), sounding smart now.

we will see in a hour or day or whatever how I do in the grading contest and how much my opinion is worth (good graders above though)