• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do you just grade game cards?
2 2

8 posts in this topic

On 1/22/2022 at 7:01 PM, CGC Mike said:

Hello

We currently don't grade Marvel comics cards but, plan to do so sometime this year.  We do grade Magic: The Gathering, Pokémon cards.

Our sister company grades sports cards.  Here is a link to that site.

https://www.csgcards.com/

Mike

Just Marvel or DC as well? I have a 1960's Batman card I would love to send in.

• Administrator
On 1/26/2022 at 4:02 PM, Jarodm5 said:

Just Marvel or DC as well? I have a 1960's Batman card I would love to send in.

Hello

No.  This is what we grade.  CGC Trading Cards accepts virtually all Pokémon TCG and Magic: The Gathering cards as well as other popular trading card games, including:

Digimon

Dragon Ball Super

Final Fantasy

Fire Emblem Cipher

Flesh and Blood

Force of Will

Harry Potter

MetaZoo

My Hero Academia

Weiss Schwarz

World of Warcraft

CGC Trading Cards also accepts Gamma play test Magic cards, "Artist's Alterations" (altered by the artist of the card) and "Artistic Alterations" (altered by anyone in an artful way). Artistically altered cards are generally encapsulated with the Qualified (Green) Label.

At this time, CGC Trading Cards does not accept the following card types:

Cards larger than standard playing sizes.

Non-TCG Pokémon cards, such as those made by Topps.

Cards other than those listed above.

On 6/10/2022 at 8:54 AM, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

Wait. I thought CGC just recently started grading pokemon Topps cards?

Screenshot_20220610-095643_Chrome.jpg

They do. The post you quoted is from January.

Here's their current list:

CGC Trading Cards grades numerous different card games, including:

Pokémon (1996 - Present): All standard-sized Pokémon TCG cards are eligible to be graded.
Pokémon Topps (1999 - 2004): All standard-sized Pokémon Topps cards are eligible to be graded.
Magic: The Gathering (1993 - Present): All standard-sized Magic: The Gathering cards are eligible to be graded.
Yu-Gi-Oh! (2002 - Present): All English standard-sized Yu-Gi-Oh! cards are eligible to be graded.
Akora (2022 - Present): All standard-sized Akora cards are eligible to be graded.
Digimon Card Game (2020 - Present): All standard-sized Digimon Card Game cards are eligible to be graded.
Dragon Ball Super (2017 - Present): All English and Italian standard-sized Dragon Ball Super cards are eligible to be graded.
Final Fantasy TCG (2016 - Present): All standard-sized Final Fantasy TCG cards are eligible to be graded.
Fire Emblem Cipher 0 (2015 - 2020): All standard-sized Fire Emblem Cipher 0 cards are eligible to be graded.
Flesh and Blood (2019 - Present): All standard-sized Flesh and Blood cards are eligible to be graded.
Force of Will (2012 - Present): All English standard-sized Force of Will cards are eligible to be graded.
Harry Potter TCG (2001 - 2002): All standard-sized Harry Potter TCG cards are eligible to be graded.
MetaZoo (2021 - Present): All standard-sized MetaZoo cards are eligible to be graded.
My Hero Academia (2021 - Present): All standard-sized My Hero Academia cards are eligible to be graded.
Weiss Schwarz (2007 - Present): All standard-sized Weiss Schwarz cards are eligible to be graded.
World of Warcraft (2006 - 2013): All standard-sized World of Warcraft cards are eligible to be graded.
CGC Trading Cards currently only grades cards that measure 6.3cm x 8.8cm or less.

Note: Cards smaller or slightly larger than standard size will be automatically placed into a CGC Trading Cards holder with a customizable inner sleeve.

Cards that CGC Trading Cards Does Not Currently Grade
Pokémon - Cardass
Pokémon - Funskool
Marvel (except for those issued by Weiss)
Super Dragon Ball Heroes
Non-English Yu-Gi-Oh! cards

Other Items that CGC Trading Cards Does Not Grade
Cards deemed too fragile to encapsulate
Square Cut cards from the Wizards of the Coast era without provenance
Square Corner Digimon cards
Unofficially stamped cards
Fantasy, unlicensed or homemade cards
Cards artistically altered to make them appear to be a better card type
Counterfeit or replica cards