• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

About selling a collection
3 3

10 posts in this topic

Just wondering if I can list a collection for sale in the sales thread without taking pictures and grading them?

I'm talking like 4000 mixed books or like 32 short boxes and a couple long boxes I want them gone and was going to ask $ 0.40 ea . Don't really want to ship them an was hoping someone in Florida might want to take a look.

Silver to Modern no major keys not all drek either and no I dont have a list.

Any thoughts about this?

My thought is that you can probably list a lot of books for sale in the relevant forum - Silver/Bronze or Mixed.  But you will need to put a price on the lot, you can’t just say “make me an offer.” And if you aren’t giving people pictures, and you’re not giving them a list of what is actually in the lot, than you are not likely to get many, if any bites for something like this.

Edit: apparently there must be a scan. But I know I’ve seen sales threads where the “scans” were of a group of books-not each individually, and even scans where the books were partially covering each other so you actually couldn’t see the whole book.  But an estimated grade for said book was still listed.

It wouldn't be a mystery box the buyer if there was 1 would live in Florida and come to look at all the books and make his own mind up.

Kinda like listing it on Craigslist.

Was just trying to avoid Craigslist is all would rather deal with the guys on the boards.

Thanks for all the answers 

Edited by topcat54

There's a dealer/advertising space near but below the sales forum where they are pretty loose with what can be listed.  I think that's probably the appropriate place to list it.  You could even link it to your craigslist ad if you wanted. 

https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/19-comics-market-sales-advertising-ebay-dealers-etc/

On 1/24/2022 at 12:31 PM, revat said:

There's a dealer/advertising space near but below the sales forum where they are pretty loose with what can be listed.  I think that's probably the appropriate place to list it.  You could even link it to your craigslist ad if you wanted. 

https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/19-comics-market-sales-advertising-ebay-dealers-etc/

Agreed, a great spot to list it.

On 1/24/2022 at 11:14 AM, topcat54 said:

Just wondering if I can list a collection for sale in the sales thread without taking pictures and grading them?

I'm talking like 4000 mixed books or like 32 short boxes and a couple long boxes I want them gone and was going to ask $ 0.40 ea . Don't really want to ship them an was hoping someone in Florida might want to take a look.

Silver to Modern no major keys not all drek either and no I dont have a list.

Any thoughts about this?

It's a labor of love.  I have a Modern thread over 125 pages that I've been working on for a year and a half.  It's mainly a hobby, but by following the sales rules, it can take time.  I only sell here anyway...no where else.

On 1/24/2022 at 3:51 PM, Galen130 said:

It's a labor of love.  I have a Modern thread over 125 pages that I've been working on for a year and a half.  It's mainly a hobby, but by following the sales rules, it can take time.  I only sell here anyway...no where else.

Did you used to sell across the street, too, or was that someone else?