• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Logan's Run #6
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Someone suggested this book had some significance because of the Thanos story.

If so, why?

Thanks

On 1/29/2022 at 10:36 AM, bluehorseshoe said:

And a book based on a movie with HANDS DOWN the greatest totally gratuitous, no notion of being relevant to the scene or the plot, 100% a demand of the on-set producer and the people that had a skin in the game financially, on-screen nudity.

To be fair, the movie was based on the novels by William F. Nolan, which were basically thin plots to string together a series of sex scenes. The movie may have been reflecting that a bit.

On 1/30/2022 at 2:36 AM, bluehorseshoe said:

And a book based on a movie with HANDS DOWN the greatest totally gratuitous, no notion of being relevant to the scene or the plot, 100% a demand of the on-set producer and the people that had a skin in the game financially, on-screen nudity.

I remember seeing an old VHS (look it up kids) of the 'uncut version' - and the orgy scene near the end - well, you could tell that most were not acting at all!

Fir disclosure I picked up a beater run of 1-7 and saw 6 commanded a higher price, and wasn't sure why a Thanos story would cause it. Apparently I was wrong!

Thanks for the replies!

On 1/29/2022 at 4:02 PM, Brock said:

To be fair, the movie was based on the novels by William F. Nolan, which were basically thin plots to string together a series of sex scenes. The movie may have been reflecting that a bit.

To be fair, there is no possible way that the movie can be viewed as anything other than the ultimate confluence of the worst of Hollywood and the worst of the excess of the 1970s.  Its basically Argo but a real movie.