• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pressing Turn Around time

6 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thank you for your message. No, pressing has always been a much lengthier process than grading.  Our turnaround times are quite long right now due to the volume of submissions we have been receiving, however, even when our volume was less the pressing time was still much longer than the grading time.  This is due to the fact that we only have a limited number of pressing machines and often we will run books through the pressing process multiple times to get out as many defects as possible. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know.  Thank you!

Has anyone gotten a modern/economy pressed order back recently who can comment on the actual working turn around times? I have books that were delivered on March 29th 2021 and they have now aged out of the CGC tracking system so I can't even check in on them anymore. I submitted a request to support but haven't heard back either...

The current estimated turn around, which was much lower when I shipped my books, is 229 days for pressing. From March 29th (only counting "working days") that puts my order at 218 working days... But with no way to track or confirm they've even made it through pressing yet, I kinda doubt they will be back to me by the end of February..

On 2/1/2022 at 9:38 AM, zypher said:

Has anyone gotten a modern/economy pressed order back recently who can comment on the actual working turn around times? I have books that were delivered on March 29th 2021 and they have now aged out of the CGC tracking system so I can't even check in on them anymore. I submitted a request to support but haven't heard back either...

The current estimated turn around, which was much lower when I shipped my books, is 229 days for pressing. From March 29th (only counting "working days") that puts my order at 218 working days... But with no way to track or confirm they've even made it through pressing yet, I kinda doubt they will be back to me by the end of February..

I had a modern submission with pressing that was delivered to cgc on 3/22/21 and I just got it back on 1/28/22.

On 2/2/2022 at 1:36 AM, Hairless Wookiee said:

I had a modern submission with pressing that was delivered to cgc on 3/22/21 and I just got it back on 1/28/22.

One of my books has reappeared and is in the grading/quality control stage. So all hope is not lost, but it's still disconcerting to have no eyes on the rest of my order (31 books total) and support hasn't responded to my order inquiry from 2/1.

My account is up for renewal but I can't really justify renewing it with this level of service and performance. If anyone out there is of the same mind, make sure you shut off autorenewal.