• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

11 out of 16 sic TOMB of TERROR issues found
2 2

19 posts in this topic

On 2/2/2022 at 1:23 PM, Robot Man said:

I would think you are a lucky boy! You have maybe the best issues of that title. First thing I would do is go to your nearest comic book shop and get some sturdy acid free boards and mylars to protect these beauties. Then put them in a cool, dry dark place.

You might want to spend the money to have them CGC graded. This would make selling them easier if you choose to sell them later.

A little odd that there would just be these. I would go through that garage carefully.

A wonderful surprise. And welcome to the boards!

(worship)

There's another comic bottom right (actually a small pile) that is super familiar but I can't quite place it.   An Avon one shot maybe?

Edited by Bronty

On 2/2/2022 at 8:39 AM, BakoBoatbooty said:

Hello this is Frenchy from the Central Valley, California that is.  I’m really excited to share with all of you the 11/16 TOMB OF TERROR issues I found… I was handed down some stuff from late relative and in the ol’garaged boat, I now own was a trunk stored in the cubby cabin and these were inside. I’ve done a lot of research and I have some numbers in my head in regards to a value so if it is OK with the forum and website I would like to ask what round about value would be close to put on this collection? I understand all the hoopla and that goes with I’m grading a comment or bring your value to it but a educated guess would be appreciated I hope you like them i’m new to this what now???

5E989941-0A3F-4866-87DF-C6EB96A99686.thumb.jpeg.126624cff46504a6a4017bc9ab7e8a89.jpegF3153348-AB14-4D20-BFBE-17BB822C8D14.thumb.jpeg.a62b36735a7de039ba4b8aab50c1fcd2.jpeg

35A95583-5941-4792-8646-05B8A9A7A078.jpeg

60782FCB-3B08-4DAD-8A4D-2F82BE846DD5.jpeg

LOVE the sharp corners on these!

Impossible to grade accurately from those pics but from the looks of it the ToT 15 is at least VF+ (8.5). The last 8.5 sale recorded in GPA is for $16800. But you'd need to have it graded and it be free of restoration to get that price. I'd send everything to a good presser like Joey Post and then to CGC. 

Edited by The-Collector

wow, tremendous find! They all look to be in great shape. On Tomb of Terror 15, is the tape on the mylar or is it on the book? Hard to tell and we are all praying it is on the mylar. It might be on a bag that is inside the mylar. 

What is in the other small pile? Post pics of those too!

Edited by Artboy99