• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What’s up with this #1 “Robotman of the last planet”? Has anybody seen one? I was offered $2500

28 posts in this topic

On 2/4/2022 at 11:51 AM, Robot Man said:

I remember vastly overpaying $40. Redbeard for my vg copy back in the late 1970’s. He turned me on to Avons back when no one cared about them. This was one of my favorites. 

He turned a LOT of people on to Avons .... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 2/4/2022 at 6:30 PM, Robot Man said:

Back in the day he was one of the best dealers around. He had the money to buy a lot of killer books. You don’t get the Church Supe 1 away from Chuckie if you don’t.

But other than that, he had an uncanny ability to see the future of this hobby.

He taught me to look for books that wern’t on most people’s radar at the time.

Among others, he introduced me to Avons, LB Cole, Schomburg Nedors and classic WWII obscurities.

Without his advice, I seriously doubt I would have the collection I do now.

Not only do I consider him one of my best friends in the hobby to this day but I consider him a visionary.

Happy to be a part of his “cult”.

And in hindsight, EVERY book I over paid him for turned out to be a STEAL today!

My first San Diego con was spent almost entirely at Ron's booth. I think I was a pest but he continues to say that he didn't mind.

On 2/4/2022 at 7:30 PM, Robot Man said:

Back in the day he was one of the best dealers around. He had the money to buy a lot of killer books. You don’t get the Church Supe 1 away from Chuckie if you don’t.

But other than that, he had an uncanny ability to see the future of this hobby.

He taught me to look for books that wern’t on most people’s radar at the time.

Among others, he introduced me to Avons, LB Cole, Schomburg Nedors and classic WWII obscurities.

Without his advice, I seriously doubt I would have the collection I do now.

Not only do I consider him one of my best friends in the hobby to this day but I consider him a visionary.

Happy to be a part of his “cult”.

And in hindsight, EVERY book I over paid him for turned out to be a STEAL today!

The man had good taste purchasing some killer artwork like Lou Fine covers along with his comic interests.  His love for the pre-code era benefited everyone as he contributed hundreds of artists' credits to Overstreet.