• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay seller bckclk1 listing tons of key books etc on Ebay Possible fraud!!
2 2

17 posts in this topic

I noticed last night a seller named eddiesrecords listed hundreds of key golden age and silver and bronze age books. The location is listed as Los Angeles but when you look at their business info they are located in the United Kingdom.

All those listings were pulled last night and now listed under bckclk1 also showing location as Los Angles. The business info still puts them in the UK accordingly

Link to one of their auctions for a CL25:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/384720795558?hash=item59932577a6:g:IlsAAOSwM8thmnRx

At in the item description regarding the Cinderella Love # 25 it states: 

WE ACCEPT FAST SALE FOR THIS ITEM AT THE PRICE OF: 6000 US$

STOCK NUMBER: W22A20928

Each item they listed that is a large dollar item they also state you have an option for a "Fast Sale" purchase, yet there is NO BIN. :whatthe:

Could be perfectly legit. I just thought I would give a heads up.

Edited by eccomic

It's a scam.  This is a common thing that has happened a few times recently on eBay.. someone 'hijacks' an old eBay account with good feedback (so that it looks legitimate), then they just mass-list thousands of 'very' high quality items at auction.  The way you can tell it's a scam (besides just the basic 'too good to be true' test), is by searching some of the graded sports cards and you can see a lot of them have "probstein123" watermarks on the pictures at the bottom of many of the images (they were too lazy to even crop out the original seller's name when they were posting these). 

On 2/7/2022 at 8:32 AM, eccomic said:

Could be perfectly legit. 

Yeah....it's not. Literally EVERY red flag in the book. Tons of high dollar items, pirated pics/scans with different backgrounds/formats, poorly written item descriptions, etc. I mean, they aren't taking bids through eBay for listings on eBay. lol

On 2/7/2022 at 12:34 PM, jmg3637 said:

Gee  since I am in Los Angeles  I could have met them at my office  and been a broker  for all of these amazing transactions

No worries Jim.  Since I too am in LA, I already met up with them and bought every single one of their items.  I got lucky - they gave me a 1% discount!  :cloud9: