• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

help for next NY big apple comicon

7 posts in this topic

hi

after months (years?) of pandemic, i intend to finally go the next big apple con in march in NY...i'm coming from france, but i wonder if it's worth the trip, because i come mostly to see artists (don't care about actors or cosplay), and on their page, it seems that there will be almost no one there (maybe esad ribic, jamla igle, russ braun, and i think that's all that's been annouced so far)

it seems to me that the prvious years, there were dzens of top artists at that convention, so is it because they announce the big names later, or is it because of covid?

If you are coming in from France, don't come to Big Apple CC. 
I live in NYC and I generally skip it unless there's someone I'm looking to get a sig or commission from. 

Really good conventions for artists on the east coast of the US are:

Terrificon (Highly recommend)
Baltimore Comic Con (I agree with Ankur)
NYCC - but getting tix is hard and the con is expensive

I don't know if they are doing it this year but East Coast Comic Con was another good convention with creators. 

I have gone to Big Apple for many years, almost every time for about a decade. I would not travel from France for it unless you know for sure artists are attending that you want to see. They usually announce complete list fairly close to show but big names are listed well before that usually.

It is not on par with Baltimore or NYCC in any way shape or form.

Re: OP's original question... Big Apple Comic Con hasn't had a large convention space in quite a while.  So the number of pros (and Artist Alley overall) is not that large.  Unless there's a very rare appearance of a specific person, I would not fly into NYC for a Big Apple show.  The New Yorker Hotel is not even laid out well enough for modest sized comic show.

Im planning on going. Truthfully I looked at the guest list and didn’t recognize a soul. No matter. Carbonaro is worth the price of admission all by himself!  Plus the exhibitors are always fun to chat with. Pasta the night before at Lupa in the East Village.  Got this email today which spurred me into buying tix. Turns out I might be Superman.

ADAF8942-3D48-47CB-9666-729B2621BCE1.png

Edited by ThothAmon