• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash 1-100 Complete Run Selling Question
1 1

10 posts in this topic

I am planning on selling my complete run of Flash 1-100 (volume 2) either here or eBay.  All issues range from NM to VF condition

How much could I expect if I sold all 100 issues together?  I did check sold eBay listings, but didn’t find any where all 100 issues sold together  

I also am thinking of either selling them in groups of 10 at a time or worst case selling them individually. 

Not sure how should I proceed…any feedback is helpful.  Thank you in advance.

As far as I know, there are only two books in that series that anyone is really interested in. #1 and #92.   #1 is anywhere from $5 to $25 and #92 seems to be all over the place but in nice shape is in demand.  The rest are dollar box fodder.  You'd end up losing money if you sold them individually on ebay.

I wish I could give better news but I don't think you will get much interest in a grouping like that.  The #92 is really the only saving grace to that run, collectorwise. I enjoyed it as a read, unlike the last few years of the old Flash title.

If I were in your shoes, I would wait until later this year, when the trailer for the Flash movie is released, and then list it as a lot. If excitement for the movie creates a few new Flash fans, I think you could get $2-$3 an issue for the full run. Maybe list the whole set for $299 OBO?

I think you should sell them as a bulk lot too. I'd suggest calculating a sale price by multiplying the 98 non-keys by say 50c & then add the current market rate for the 2 key books to it. Then advertise the lot on multiple platforms, not just eBay.

When I got back into comics as part of organising my old childhood collection I sold off 100 issues of drek (non-keys mostly 90s). I managed to find a buyer who was prepared to pay a bit over a $1 per book. (Over here back issues sell for a bit more because you can't find them easily these days). There were some attractive looking books in the mix, including more than 30 1st issues. She was a lady who ran a charity market stall & based on her past experience would successfully resell them for $3-4 bucks each. It was a win-win.

Edited by MattrixAlien