• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are You Experiencing Shipping Delays from Heritage?
1 1

20 posts in this topic

I won my second Heritage auction on Wednesday, Feb 2 and paid my invoice on Friday, Feb 4. I foolishly thought my art would be shipped out on Monday, Feb. 7. It's now been over a week since I paid and I've yet to hear anything about shipping confirmation. Then I remember some folks here grumbling about late shipping from Heritage. How long is it taking you to receive your art from Heritage?

On some of the Comic Book threads on this forum there are folks who have waited 8 weeks for Heritage to ship.  Now imagine you waited even as little as 2 weeks to pay them?  Heritage would be slinging threats and perhaps even threatening legal action.

If they are short-staffed then plain and simple they need to hire more people.  Heritage brags incessantly about how much money they are making in their emails, on their website and other advertising. If they are telling the truth about their auction revenues then they can easily afford to hire a few more shipping people so their customers are not waiting a month or more to receive their purchase.

OK now its time for all you Heritage lovers/defenders/apologists to launch your attacks and tell us how their customers do not deserve to have the merchandise they paid for and how a Powerful auction house which operates in Texas is entitled to do whatever they want.

P.S. My first rule of collecting is don't use Heritage, however last year I did break that for an item and paid for it via wire-transfer first business day after auction ended.  I called them after 15 business days had elapsed and stated unless my item was shipped in 48 hours I would be opening a fraud case with my large financial institution (they also happen to be my employer).  The item was shipped later the same day. Heavy handed on my part most definitely but well within my legal rights to do so. If more of their auction winners took same type of action then perhaps Heritage might not be so stingy and hire a few more people for their shipping dept?

Edited by MAR1979

My last page from HA about 3 months took a month to reach me after the auction. Consensus on a FB post seemed to be that it was taking a month for most people.

I ended up calling towards the end & that got things moving.

I'd see what their email to you estimated. And maybe call 2.5-3 weeks after the auction.

On 2/12/2022 at 10:01 AM, Twanj said:

My last page from HA about 3 months took a month to reach me after the auction. Consensus on a FB post seemed to be that it was taking a month for most people.

I ended up calling towards the end & that got things moving.

I'd see what their email to you estimated. And maybe call 2.5-3 weeks after the auction.

What's the number you used? (NOT asking for a friend)

It's been exactly 2 weeks since I paid and still no notification of shipping. My email payment confirmation says to expect delivery in 7-14 days. Of course they don't say if that's calendar or business days. Also according to the email, if I have any questions I can reply directly to the email. I may do that on Monday.

On 2/18/2022 at 5:48 PM, cloud cloddie said:

I emailed about my Jan purchase. They got back to me a few days later and overnighted it. Didn’t request it, they just did it. 

That's what should be done when they drop the ball. I didn't request it but thought they should've done the same for my late win that took a month to get.

On 2/12/2022 at 1:00 PM, MAR1979 said:

On some of the Comic Book threads on this forum there are folks who have waited 8 weeks for Heritage to ship.  Now imagine you waited even as little as 2 weeks to pay them?  Heritage would be slinging threats and perhaps even threatening legal action.

If they are short-staffed then plain and simple they need to hire more people.  Heritage brags shamelessly & incessantly about how much money they are making in their emails, on their website and other advertising. If they are telling the truth about their auction revenues then they can easily afford to hire a few more shipping people so their customers are not waiting a month or more to receive their purchase.

OK now its time for all you Heritage lovers/defenders/apologists to launch your attacks and tell us how their customers do not deserve to have the merchandise they paid for and how a Powerful auction house which operates in Texas is entitled to do whatever they want.

P.S. My first rule of collecting is don't use Heritage, however last year I did break that for an item and paid for it via wire-transfer first business day after auction ended.  I called them after 15 business days had elapsed and stated unless my item was shipped in 48 hours I would be opening a fraud case with my large financial institution (they also happen to be my employer).  The item was shipped later the same day. Heavy handed on my part most definitely but well within my legal rights to do so. If more of their auction winners took same type of action then perhaps Heritage might not be so stingy and hire a few more people for their shipping dept?

On 2/12/2022 at 12:40 PM, EXPhysiker said:

I won my last auction on heritage in September. In the winning bid email they wrote : „please allow 7-14 for shipping“. Mine was shipped within 10 days. 

Appears Heritage shipping dept not only lacks staff but perhaps their system is less than modern.  Based on this and the comic book threads some items go out in 2 weeks some are 1-2 months.  BTW even 2 weeks to initiate shipping is too much and indicative of a firm being too cheap to hire the a proper compliment of workers.

Edited by MAR1979

On 2/21/2022 at 10:53 AM, MAR1979 said:

Appears Heritage shipping dept not only lacks staff but perhaps their system is less than modern.  Based on this and the comic book threads some items go out in 2 weeks some are 1-2 months.  BTW even 2 weeks to initiate shipping is too much and indicative of a firm being too cheap to hire the a proper compliment of workers.

It’s not necessarily  a question of being too cheap.

I own a business and it’s been challenging finding qualified applicants, even at higher rates.

likewise, my wife owns an accounting practice and they have never been as short staffed, albeit while offering 20% higher salary than pre-Covid.

Edited by jjonahjameson11

On 2/21/2022 at 1:37 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

It’s not necessarily  a question of being too cheap.

I own a business and it’s been challenging finding qualified applicants, even at higher rates.

likewise, my wife owns an accounting practice and they have never been as short staffed, albeit while offering 20% higher salary than pre-Covid.

I do agree in the COVID19 Era issues you mentioned are the reality. Still Heritage has been like this since at least 2004 from my very first dealing with them.  Until approx 10 years ago I regularly "won" Heritage auctions, mostly art and comics, and it was unusual when I did not have to call up 2-3 weeks later and ask when my item would be shipped. 

Back around 2007 a very nice rep I spoke to there told me calling was best way to move things along as their shipping and receiving staff was small and recommended I call 2 days after payment.  This is why I say they are cheap, now since 2020 there are external reasons as well, they must love having that as an excuse to offer :)

P.S. Look JJJ11 i made a post without referring to a specific ASM comic :smile: 

Edited by MAR1979

On 2/21/2022 at 5:06 PM, vodou said:

But art prices 100% higher same period; not competitive.

Art prices not relevant to an accounting firms salary offering ?

they also aren’t relative to what you’d pay a shipping clerk … price of art doesn’t affect time /skill it takes to process a shipment. What comparable companies pay their shipping clerks is relative I suspect. 

On 2/21/2022 at 10:39 PM, G.A.tor said:

Art prices not relevant to an accounting firms salary offering ?

they also aren’t relative to what you’d pay a shipping clerk … price of art doesn’t affect time /skill it takes to process a shipment.

lol

This is an art buying/collecting/selling board. EVERYTHING is comped against art price delta.

Duh :baiting:

On 2/21/2022 at 10:39 PM, G.A.tor said:

What comparable companies pay their shipping clerks is relative I suspect. 

Especially if write DO NOT BEND - $3.6M MIKE ZECK SECRET WARS ART on the package :devil:

Hey! My order arrived yesterday. I'd paid for it Feb. 2. Gave them a little nudge 10 days ago and voila! it's mine.... only took 5 weeks.

FWIW, I had zero excitement when I saw the package waiting. It's now possibly/likely an item I will re-sell this year. Is that part of their master plan?