• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Fantasy 15 - CGC .5 - Off-White to White Pages; UK Variant

12 posts in this topic

Fresh From the Attic: Amazing Fantasy #15 for Sale! 1st Appearance of the Amazing Spider-man!

Hello again everyone - I hope everyone out there is staying safe and trying to get back into a regular lifestyle again.

Moe's Attic is back for another convention season and I am looking forward to seeing and re-connecting with all my friends and customers again.

Thanks to all the members who purchased from my previous threads last year. I will be posting a few books on the boards but I will be bringing a lot of new stuff to the upcoming conventions that I am doing. 

AIOJ9302.thumb.JPG.f2b9d3f72fe382a1db468ea1d7ecaf2c.JPG

345308134_AF15BC.jpg.ca285610523f925d8d1a6ce53f1f2fa9.jpg

My first posting of 2022 is an original Amazing Fantasy #15 from 1962. It is graded a CGC .5 with off white to white pages and it is the UK variant. 
This particular copy is complete with nothing missing!  Why is it it only a ,5? I'm not sure. Other than the heavy wear, detached cover and spine split, tape and dried glue - the comic is pretty solid and shows very well. Perhaps it is a re-submission candidate? Tape removal, clean and press? The lucky buyer can choose.

I am asking $19,950 USD for this copy.

Pages from this comic book are selling for thousands. How about a complete copy!

Please contact me for further information. E-mail messages are prefered and checked regularly (moesattic@hotmail.com).
DM's are only checked when I am on-line.
I will try to respond to them in order.

Shipping costs 
Ideally, I would like to finish this transaction in person: I will be at the next Pop Culture Event - the Oshawa Comic Con on Saturday Feb 23rd, 2022 at the Harmony Creek Community Centre - 15 Harmony Road N, Oshawa, Ont from 10 AM to 3 PM. 
Alternatively, I am willing to deliver this issue in person in the Southern/Eastern/Near North area of Ontario. Full purchase price will include personal delivery to these areas.
Any distance purchase outside of these areas will be as close to the exact postal/delivery charge as possible. Insurance is a must and Fedex is recomended. 
Winning buyer to contact me for final arrangements.
*** Please note that due to recent COVID procedures, shipping/mail delivery may be delayed ***
*** THERE IS NO RETURN ON CGC COMICS **** 

Payment will be cash only or certified cheque if paying in person.
E-transfer for distance purchases. Certified cheque, bank draft or personal cheque is welcome but must clear before shipping/delivery.

I try to accomodate my customers the best that I can.

email : moesattic@hotmail.com     
cell number: (905) 516-3554

Buy with confidence from a collector/dealer with over 50 years of experience. 

I also buy older comic books and related items and I also trade!
Edited by Moe's Attic
Text added to title

Is there a difference between u.s. and pence copies other than the circle price?  

At the interior cover or the pages?

in other words If you cut out the price could you know the difference. ?

On 2/13/2022 at 4:50 PM, ft88 said:

Is there a difference between u.s. and pence copies other than the circle price?  

At the interior cover or the pages?

in other words If you cut out the price could you know the difference. ?

http://www.wymann.info/comics/060-PencePriceVariants.html

On 2/13/2022 at 9:50 PM, ft88 said:

No difference at all. The interior pages of the cents & pence copies all came off the press in the same batch. The only change was to the price plug on the cover. Although some of the early Marvel (Atlas) pence copies had an extra line in the indicia, the vast majority of pence copies have cents indicias as well. 

Many (many) threads on here discussing this topic at (interminable) length.

:tonofbricks:

On 2/13/2022 at 4:05 PM, Moe's Attic said:

This particular copy is complete with nothing missing!  Why is it it only a ,5? I'm not sure.

Hi there.   This is not a definitive answer either way re 0.5 worthiness, but here's a similar AF15  (where label suggests it's complete by not noting any missing pages/cover) that received 0.5.  Well, not entirely similar, as yours presents much better.  (thumbsu

Silver Age (1956-1969):Superhero, Amazing Fantasy #15 (Marvel, 1962) CGC PR 0.5 Cream to off-white pages....