• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM X-Men #101 with Interior Damage
3 3

8 posts in this topic

I've had this one for awhile, and I just don't know what to do with it. It presents FN-ish, but some kind of bugs or mites ate some ugly channels through some of the interior pages. The three outermost wraps are unaffected, but everything in between has, well, you'll see. Both staples are attached to all wraps, despite this.

The cover is okay, but there's some chipping on the edge, and some staining on a corner or two. Since the cover looks better than the inside, I really want to slab it. But if it's going to come back lower than a 4.0, then I'd probably just keep it as a raw reader copy. I'd have it cleaned and pressed, but what do you think the best case scenario would be?

Thanks in advance!

IMG_1873.jpeg

IMG_1874.jpeg

IMG_1875.jpeg

IMG_1876.jpeg

IMG_1877.jpeg

IMG_1878.jpeg

IMG_1880.jpeg

IMG_1881.jpeg

IMG_1882.jpeg

IMG_1883.jpeg

IMG_1884.jpeg

IMG_1885.jpeg

IMG_1886.jpeg

IMG_1887.jpeg

Thanks for sharing in advance. That’s a bummer with that bug damage.. seeing flaws on different books and getting opinions is how we learn. I want to say 3.0 but the bug ate into the artwork on multiple panels I’m not sure how that comes into play on the readability. 

Thanks everyone! My expectations are set at 3.0. A little disappointed, but it looks like even 3.0s sell for a good price (given what I paid for this), so it's not the end of the world.

Wish it made my decision easier though! I suppose now I'm leaning towards submitting it anyway, just because I feel like it would be easier to sell a well-presenting 3.0 at a 3.0 price, than try to sell it raw with weird damage called out that affects the value to an unclear degree.

Just worried it will come back a 3.0 with some real scary note on the label like "bugs ate most of the pages" and then you won't be able to tell how much damage there actually is. The worst of both worlds, basically.

But I'm feeling lucky-ish. I'll come back and post the results here when I get it back.