• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 CGC Grading Contest Season 1 Winter Edition (#1) Tiebreaker for final round
4 4

34 posts in this topic

Yikes! Not when I needed a fumble!

I had the B&B as a 4.0/4.5 tweener, and finally settled on 4.5 thinking of the Action #242. I thought the bold inks would make up for its other obvious shortcomings.

On the MTU 141, couldn't decide if that was a stain or a printing defect, but I said 7.0 assuming a stain. Seemed like a lot going on there.

I had a ball, and will be happy to watch from the sidelines. Thanks for everything, Mike!  :applause:

On 2/16/2022 at 1:26 PM, Point Five said:

I had the B&B as a 4.0/4.5 tweener, and finally settled on 4.5 thinking of the Action #242. I thought the bold inks would make up for its other obvious shortcomings.

On the MTU 141, couldn't decide if that was a stain or a printing defect, but I said 7.0 assuming a stain. Seemed like a lot going on there.

I had a ball, and will be happy to watch from the sidelines. Thanks for everything, Mike!  :applause:

On a quick look that is what I guessed too.  So I think CGC just got those 2 wrong.  :grin:

Good luck to the mighty 10 - I am envious so will do a loner to see how close I get with only me in the know on how bad I am.

Going by my grades in the 3 rounds, it would probably be easier to brew up some tea leaves to show up my grades, as I understand that this method would be able to tell me how great I am!

On 2/16/2022 at 1:26 PM, Point Five said:

On the MTU 141 the two smaller round spots are printing defect (you can see them on some 9.8 copies). The bigger spot over them? Not sure at all...

On 2/16/2022 at 4:14 PM, Frederic9494 said:

On the MTU 141 the two smaller round spots are printing defect (you can see them on some 9.8 copies). The bigger spot over them? Not sure at all...

Yup, thanks! That's what I decided as well (and still missed by a mile). 

If I bought an 8.0 sight unseen and received a book with a blotch like that, I'd be one unhappy camper.

On 2/16/2022 at 12:45 PM, grendelbo said:

In my head I went 4.0 for the B&B and 7.0 for the Team-up. I hammered the latter book harder for the water stains on the front cover.

My best to the Top 10.

What water stains? The thing under daredevils groin? That I don't know what that is. Those other drops by the sword are just ink drips, alot of copies of that book have those little dots, at least that I've seen.

On 2/17/2022 at 8:49 AM, Croatbag said:

What water stains?

Exactly. If I was in the running I would've choked on the tiebreaker.

On 2/17/2022 at 10:02 AM, CGC Mike said:

It's been decided that everyone will be able to  participate in all 4 rounds for the next contest. 

^^